PDA

View Full Version : Long Time Out

ryangossett
October 18th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Good Morning,

Just got back in the pool last night for the first time in Ten Years. I swam competitively through high school.

Would like some advice on workouts to get back into shape. 850 yards almost killed me last night.

My goal is to get back to four 3000 yd days and 1 5000 yd day per week. Is this a good goal?

RG

NKMD
October 18th, 2004, 09:59 PM
First, congratulations on swimming again. The main point is that you got back into the water and you found your passion to swim again. Awesome.

Second, there is a Master's meet at the IUPUI Natatorium this weekend, Saturday and Sunday. Come and watch. Meet fellow swimmers, who are swimming in the meet, volunteering at the meet or just watching the meet.

Third, IndySwimFit has an excellent program with many location in the Indianapolis area. They will help you attain your workout goal. They have great coaches to teach you the new techniques of swimming and get you in the best shape.

You have to remember that it's not quantity of yardage; it's quality of yardage.

Hope to see you on deck.

swimmore
October 20th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Nadine is right go to the meet and meet the swimmer's! You will be hooked right away.

When trying to get back into shape after 10 years takes time- so please enjoy yourself and don't worry about yardage right now. The yardage will take time like wine and your body is not used to swimming lots of yardage as you found out.

Once again go to the meet and see Nadine swim (Very Fast) and meet Mel!

See you at Short Course Nationals in the Spring!

Coach Steven

Swimmerguy
October 21st, 2004, 04:24 PM
I recently got back into it as well (about a month ago). I am 29 and asume you are about the same age. Look for me at the meet this weekend, I have found that I am one of the youngest on my team and would like to find others in my age group to talk with. I will be the guy who looks like Larry Bird with a beer-belly!!!
Josh

Swimmerguy
October 21st, 2004, 04:27 PM
PS I am a member of the Noblesville NASTI team and we could very well be the most fun team in the country!!!!!