PDA

View Full Version : Sewickley

thisgirl13
October 30th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Hey, y'all, it's been awhile.....wanted to post something for MSGrupp, SWinkleblech, and Jim Thornton....and everybody else too.

Been readin the boards, and the poems (YAY Swimmy!) and the "you know you're a swimmer when..." are both AWESOME! Very good for making my day when I'm down....

I just got to Pittsburgh about a week ago, and settling in was kinda rough...I felt out of place, like the new kid, kinda lost....classes were cool, and I didn't get on the wrong bus (yay!), but I still felt kinda....new.

I went to the Sewickley Y last night for my very first Master's Practice.......and I finally felt like everything was okay.....realized how much I needed swimming in my life, and the entire SEWY master's team made me feel like I wasn't out of place.....plus, I didn't get lapped on our 500 for time!

So, in all that jabbering, I just wanted to say thanks to everybody (especially Jim and MsGrupp and Swinkleblech) for making this small-town girl feel at home in a big city....Thanks, guys.

:)

msgrupp
October 30th, 2004, 06:14 PM
problem. You'll find that most people from this area are friendly and willing to help.

check your PM--I left phone #, e-mail and AOL IM information for getting hold of me (again).