PDA

View Full Version : How big is your pool?

swimlong
November 1st, 2004, 10:38 PM
Just wondering what everyone swims in (besides water...) Is your pool

hooked-on-swimming
November 2nd, 2004, 12:47 AM
mine is 25 meters, I recently switched from a 25-yard one and I love the change!I wish I could have a chance to swim in a 50-meter one though.Well, the search is not over...

msgrupp
November 2nd, 2004, 09:19 AM
In the summer I swim in a 50 meter pool (outdoors). There are 2 adult only swims with the pool in long course mode. If you go outside of those times--4 lanes of 25 yards.

In the winter (indoor)--I swim in a 25 yd 5 lane high school pool at designated times (luckily all lap swimmers). They were hoping to upgrade to a 50 meter pool shared with the community. Not enough money in budget--will have to settle for a 25 yd pool with about 10 lanes.

etrain
November 2nd, 2004, 11:11 AM
At college I swam in a 4 lane x 25 yard pool. It was pretty cool because it still had the 6 lane markers on the bottom of the pool. The pool was built before butterfly was invented and the lanes were smaller, so once they invented butterfly they had to widen the lanes. The nice part about it was the lanes were then extra wide and really no chance of hitting your neighbor swimming next to you when swimming sides.

The pool is still there, as I only left college 5 years ago...

etrain

geochuck
November 4th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Best of both worlds 50 meters with a bulkhead 10 minutes away in Richmond BC, this also has a wave pool and two hot tubs. We know what time its 25 m and when it is 50 m.

5 min away Ladner BC 25 m a little warmer pool with the best hot tub in the world. Two banana trees growing outside.

Tsawassen BC 10 min away from my house, a 25 m pool, water is a little cooler and has a great hot tub.

After thought all three of these pools have fantastic gyms and I pay $25 a month and can use all the facilities in Ladner and Tsawassen. Same in Richmond for $33 a month. I use the Ladner pool most but when I feel like doing long course I do a month at the Richmond pool.

George Park

Sonic Swimmer78
November 8th, 2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by hooked-on-swimming
mine is 25 meters, I recently switched from a 25-yard one and I love the change!I wish I could have a chance to swim in a 50-meter one though.Well, the search is not over...

OOOH!!! 50 Meter Long Courses are loads of fun to swim in!!!

I swim in three pools: The University Pool I swim at is 25 Yards, at 75 Degrees. (Yeah, its a bit cold but I'm not bothered if I keep moving) Pro: 90% of the time, I have a lane to myself Con: It gets too cold if I don't start moving, which means take quick and brief breaks!

I'm still new to the Pool on Base (we swim at a military base now) which is a true long course. 50 meters of unadulterated Olympic Sized Goodness and at a decent 83 Degrees. Pro: Nice and Warm water! ...First Long Course I've experienced! Con: N/A at this point, (Second time there, not much of a con really) Too soon to tell.

The School Owned Aquatic Center by my house: (Last resort; not the best but swimming there is better than not swimming at all) is 25 meters and is at 83 Degrees. Pro: It's closest to my house.
Con: I can't swim past three in the afternoon because youth clubs (literally, not kidding either) RAID that pool.

So I couldn't place my vote in this poll. I have the best of all three lengths.

ced357
November 8th, 2004, 11:46 PM
I swim in a four lane 25 yard dungeon, well it feels that way. It's a basement pool at Adelphi University. Oh, and the temp ranges from 80-90 degrees, I'm not kidding. The things we endure for swimming.