PDA

View Full Version : Cramps in bottom of feet

RobBrown
November 6th, 2004, 02:22 PM
I need some advice. Whenever I work my legs hard I get painful cramps in the bottom of my feet What should I do? Any suggegtion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RB

jean sterling
November 6th, 2004, 04:59 PM
I sometimes get cramping in the arches of my feet, and I find that doing some easy breaststroke kick seems to help.

newmastersswimmer
November 7th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Eat Bananas every day and drink plenty of water (during workouts as well as outside the pool).

newmastersswimmer

AnnG
November 7th, 2004, 03:33 PM
YES! You need potassium, as in bananas. Try that, or else take a potassium supplement if you don't like bananas. Also, try doing a plantar stretch, point your toe then flex the foot back the other way. I used to get those a lot then started trying to get more potassium and did my stretches when I first got out of bed and it really helped.

hooked-on-swimming
November 8th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Bananas rule!I had cramps, too.I eat at least a banana a day now and have no idea what cramps are :-)))

SWinkleblech
November 9th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Bananas, Bananas, Bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get my point?

The Arm
November 10th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Apricots! Apricots! Apticots! They have more potassium than Banana's. I usually try to eat a pack of sun dried apricots a week. I was told that one Apricot has the potassium of several banana's. At least it's an alternative to banana's anyways.