PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Update?

Betsy0103
November 8th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Are the groups in the Pittsburgh area still active? I found three through the USMS search, but then I read a post above about a group in the Sewickley area. Are there more than these three, including in the suburb areas? What is the status of the different groups in the area? And how can I get involved? The registration PDF is for 2002-2003. Help!!

Thanks!:)

thisgirl13
November 19th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Hi, Betsy!

I'm a member of the Sewickley Masters team, so that's at least one team that's still up and running.......and, from a slightly compromised perspective, they're the best in the area.....we have consistent workout times, a pretty great coach/leader (Jim Thornton, look him up, he's the guru around here), and a good meet schedule.....

As for the getting involved part, Sewickley is about 15 minutes north of Pittsburgh, not too bad of a drive, actually. To join the SEWY Masters, all you have to do is be a member of the Y. Anybody can swim with us! It's very good for the body/mind (hee).

I'm sorry I'm not more help to you, I'm not from around here....if you send a message to Jim, he should be able to tell you a lot more about us!

Steph

NKMD
November 21st, 2004, 10:07 PM
Alleghany Mountain was combined with Lake Erie LMSC at this year convention.

Tom Spence is the LMSC Chairperson.
Here is the link:

http://www.lakeerielmsc.org/

He might be able to help you too.

Rob Copeland
November 22nd, 2004, 07:59 AM
Not to contradict the incomparable Nadine, but the Alleghany Mountain LMSC and the Lake Erie LMSC were NOT combined at the USMS convention. There were some discussions about merging the two, but today they are still independent.

And in addition to Tom Spence, you can also get information from Mike Lemke, the Great Lakes Zone chair at greatlakes@usms.org

NKMD
November 22nd, 2004, 09:47 PM
Thank you Rob, You are correct. We discussed it in our Great Lakes Zone Meeting. It was recommended for Lake Erie to submit it for legislation at our 2005 convention.