PDA

View Full Version : 1960 Olympic Trials complete results

wchays
November 11th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Could anyone tell me where to access the complete results of the 1960 Olympic trials in Detroit

Frank Thompson
November 11th, 2004, 05:05 PM
There are two places that you can get the 1960 Olympic Trials results. If you go to the USA Swimming web pag which is linked to the USMS website you can find them there. Go to downloards library and then FAQ History and you will find them with other years as well. Another place you can find them is on the Swim Publications website at www.swiminfo.com but to access them you must be a premium member. They have all of the old Swimming World magazines online that featured both the Olympic Trials results and the Olympics results and you can see the stories and pictures as well as the results. Hope this helps.

wchays
November 11th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Skip
Thank you for your prompt reply. However, neither one worked. I joined the premium edition of Swiminfo. And acquired all of the 1960 Junior Swimmer (What became Swimming World). There was a fairly detailed report of the trials but not a complete listing of all the results. On the SwimUSA.org found the 1960 trials but it only gave the finals not the heats. My interest in all this is that I swam the 200 fly in the 1960 trials and cannot remember (if I ever new) how far down the list I fininshed. I will keep looking. Thanks again for your help.

Bill Hays

wchays
November 11th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Skip
On the SwimUSA.org found the 1960 trials but it only gave the finals not the heats. My interest in all this is that I swam the 200 fly in the 1960 trials and cannot remember (if I ever new) how far down the list I fininshed. I will keep looking. Thanks again for your help.

Bill Hays

Frank Thompson
November 15th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Bill, I know of one other souce that you may be able to get the results of the heats of the 1960 Olympic Trials. The old AAU year books used to have all the results of the AAU National Meets and the Olympic Trials selection meet. I have the 1972 version and it has the complete results of everything. If you happen to go to the USMS Nationals in Fort Lauderdale, stop by the Hall of Fame library and you will bew able to find them there. Preston Levi does an excellent job and he can help you find what your looking for. I have been able to find almost anything I looked for at the Hall of Fame library.

wchays
November 15th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Skip:
Thanks again. I will check into it.

Bill