PDA

View Full Version : swimming DVDs

IndyGal
November 18th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Hello, I'm new here. I recently decided to get into swimming more seriously. (I had some lessons as a kid, but not enough to swim all the strokes correctly or to be a good lap swimmer.) I've started lessons with a coach/instructor and it's super; I wish I'd done this a long time ago! Anyway, I was wondering whether there are any swim DVDs available that you all might recommend. I'm looking for something that demonstrates good technique on the strokes -- something I can use as a reference between lessons, when my instructor isn't there for me to ask. Ideas?

Seagurl51
November 18th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Try the Total Immersion "Four Strokes Made Easy" DVD. It's a really great learning source. Check out their website, they also have several other DVD's and books that may interest you. www.totalimmersion.net Also you may want to get the book "Fitness Swimming" by Emmett Hines. Really good at explaining freestyle, my free has never looked better.

~Kyra

EyeoreSAM
November 18th, 2004, 01:45 PM
There is also a website called Go Swim that has a few DVD's that I have-backstroke w/Jeff Rouse, fly w/Misty Hyman and a few others.