PDA

View Full Version : Need to find a swim Parka for Santa to bring

mbriones
November 19th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I'm trying to find a swim parka! I've been googling and all I'm finding are places that have them but can't ship in time for Xmas. Anyone have a scoop on one? Adult Large?

-Santa's Helper
:cool:

EyeoreSAM
November 19th, 2004, 04:51 PM
My daughters team has a swim shop that will be at their meet this weekend. I can ask them if they can get one for you before Christmas.

Swimmer Bill
November 19th, 2004, 07:48 PM
There's one for sale on eBay right now, and it looks new. If it's used, it looks like new. It is size L, dark navy with slightly lighter navy lining. It's currently at $21.50, but there are three days left on the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1300&item=7114770936&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo

You may also ask Tru-West if they have pre-made plain parkas in stock:

www.truwest.com

I think Arena makes parkas, too. Have you tried searching the internet? There are probably a bunch of people selling parkas that are pre-made and ready to go. I know several local swim shops around the US will carry plain, pre-made parkas. It is when you try to customize them that it starts to take longer...

One other idea: give a gift card that says "good for one custom parka, your choice, etc." I know that may seem cheesy, but if you just can't get what you want, a gift certificate type thing would serve its purpose.

Good Luck!
Bill

Swimmer Bill
November 19th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Marian,

I did a search for "premade swim parkas" and "and premade swim parkas in stock" and found a few links:

This one looked promising:

http://www.swimoutlet.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=205&1=226&2=-1

Bill

ALM
November 19th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Marian,

Take a look at the Lands' End "Squall Stadium Parka". I have a Squall jacket from Lands' End, and it's great. I have thought that the Stadum Parka would make a great swim parka (and it's probably a higher quality than most of the swim parkas).

The Squall is lined with Polartec 300 fleece. It has a Supplex nylon outer shell.

Go to: www.landsend.com

Click on: Women >> Outerwear >> Squall/View them all

Swimmer Bill
November 20th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Another company came to mind -- Boathouse makes all types of parkas, including those huge parkas like the ones NFL players wear. It looks like thy make parkas for many different types of sports, and it appears as though they may stock pre-made parkas.

http://www.boathouse.com

~Bill

Mel
November 26th, 2004, 10:37 AM
We all want the USMS National Sponsors to support USMS. We all want USMS National Sponsors to give us "stuff" for our local meets. We always want something, but very rarely do we give back. If you want the USMS National Sponsors to continue to support our sport then why not check out the USMS National Sponsors first and buy your parka from one of them.

Suit Chaser
November 26th, 2004, 01:29 PM
How 'bout a link or two, Mel?

Mel
November 26th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Each time you go to the USMS Home Page on the left side of the page a featured USMS National Sponsor has a banner ad. If you want to see all USMS National Sponsors then all you need to do is click to view all. Their website links are all there.

mbriones
November 29th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I finally found one online and ordered it. Thanks, everyone.

The recipient is actually, um (blush) yours truly. Santa didn't know where to find one so I helped.....

Cheers!

Marian
(Who will be happy to not have to schlepp off in her ratty bathrobe after swims....)