PDA

View Full Version : Kicking question

Sparky
November 30th, 2004, 08:16 PM
So, this morning I was swimming and at the end of my workout, I decided to do some kicking with fins. I'm not generally used to them, but I have swum with fins before, no problem.

What's weird is that while I was kicking, my left calf started to burn, as though I were moving my left leg differently from my right leg. I was kicking freestyle, with a board, and using fitness fins (not the scuba kind.) I am pretty intensely left-handed (four years of fencing), but I never noticed that kind of imbalance before.

My questions:

1) Has this ever happened to you?

2) Is there anything I can do to correct it? Does it even need correcting?

ar

etrain
December 2nd, 2004, 04:05 PM
It was probably just tired from the practice. I despise kicking at the end of a practice because #1 I stink at it and #2 my legs are tired at the end of practice. I really don't understand it much because I don't kick much when I swim, being a distance swimmer.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand, did you do anything differently that day like run or bike or sit funny or anything like that. It could be a long list of things.

I wouldn't really worry about it unless it happens over and over. Just make a mental note and next time you are kicking see if it is happening again...

etrain