PDA

View Full Version : Dry skin... need opinions.

USMSarah
November 30th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Hello there.

With the lovely temperature drop lately... and with swimming a handful of times a week now, my face is so dry (and I have sensitive skin)... can anyone reccommend some good lotions to try especially when I've got irritable skin!!!

Help me!

:eek:

Seagurl51
November 30th, 2004, 10:12 PM
I too have the same problem with very dry skin...which is made worse by the fact that I work at a restuarant and have to wash my hands a billion times an hour, so my hands are pretty nasty....however I have found some lotions that are alright. I use the Jergens Ultra Healing right now...it's pretty good. I think that Jergens also has a sensitive skin line so you may want to check that out..in general they have good lotions. Also if you go to Bath and Body Works, they have some really good lotions in their spa line. The lotion called "Look Ma New Hands" is really thick and creamy and very moisturizing (it also has parafin in it), but I'm not sure how it is on sensitive skin. And of course, Burt's Bees Wax (if you have that brand) anything is fabulous!!

~Kyra

hooked-on-swimming
December 1st, 2004, 12:53 AM
Sarah, I brought up my old thread from a couple of months ago when I had the same problem and same question.The name of the thread is "my face gets too dry from swimming", look it up just above yours, there's a lot of answers there

thisgirl13
December 1st, 2004, 12:51 PM
I have pretty sensitive skin too, face-wise.......the Jergen's Ultra Healing lotion works great for hands, but definitely not for faces........what I've found that works great (at least for me, being female with sensitive face) is actually Dove....they have this really great line out for sensitive skin, and the moisturizer works really well, even with the chlorine. Plus, it isn't overly expensive, and the bottle it comes in lasts forever! I'm still on the same bottle I bought three months ago.

If you can't find a remedy on here, you might also want to talk to your doctor, see if there's anything he recommends. Sometimes it's just the chlorine that makes everything sucky, hehe.

~Steph~

Guvnah
December 1st, 2004, 01:43 PM
Try this stuff:

http://www.dermaltherapy.com/

It's not cheap, but it goes a long way.

USMSarah
December 1st, 2004, 09:15 PM
thank you all for your reccomendations... i will probably start with the jergens... and/or dove (thanks hooked-on for bringing up your old thread)...

S.