PDA

View Full Version : Bad News

thisgirl13
December 6th, 2004, 08:44 PM
I just wanted to put this up, because I'm upset, and needed to get this out.

My friend was killed tonight. I saw him two months ago, before I left for school in Pittsburgh. He gave me a hug, and told me he was so excited for me, and promised to come see me soon.

He wasn't always on time, and he was disorganized, and had a temper. He forgot things, a lot, and he hated school. But he was loyal, and he always followed through on a bet (he wore pink pjs to school once). He protected me from a dog once, and he took me to my first high school dance when I didn't have a date. He watched Titanic with me because I hate watching sad movies alone, and he liked Mint Chocolate Chip almost as much as I did. He hated every one of my boyfriends when they broke my heart, and he went to every single one of my swim meets. He called at 4am, just to say hi, and he mailed McDonald's toys to me, cuz I like little cheesy gifts almost as much as I like getting mail. He helped my brothers fix up a car for me for my 17th birthday, and then he taught me how to drive it. He liked rock and roll, but he had a secret passion for country music, just like me. His hair was a different color every week, and he finished high school early so he could get a full-time job to help his mom after his dad left them.
He was the kindest, most caring soul I've ever met, even if he wasn't perfect all the time.

I miss him. And I can't imagine not being able to tell him everything I just told you. Please remember that when you go to bed tonight. You don't know when you might see someone for the last time. Don't let them leave without telling them how much they mean to you.

I miss you, Jon.

Alicat
December 6th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Stephanie,
Thank you for sharing such wonderful thoughts and feeling about Jon. It's a great way to process your feelings. With that, please, please, please, talk with someone about Jon's death. Your parents, a school guidence counselor or even a therapist, someone more than just your friends --who can be a great support for you.

This is not an easy thing to go through, there are few people in our lives that can connet to us in such a special way that you and Jon did.

My deepest regards.
Ali

scyfreestyler
December 7th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Terrible news, sorry about your friend. Very few people are fortunate enough to ever have a friend as you described to us.

Seagurl51
December 7th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Steph~

That is so horrible. I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you two had a lot of fun times together that you can look back on with fond memories. My deepest sympathy goes out to you in your time of need. Remember that if you ever need support that we are all here for you...whether it's on this thread, or via private message or e-mail. If you ever need someone to talk to we're all glad to help.

~Kyra

viper10139
December 7th, 2004, 09:10 AM
thanks for sharing, but my prayers will be with you and his family. my most sincere apologies.

-Viper

centaur532
December 7th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Steph,
I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. I know you're hurting a lot right now, but it will get better. Eventually you'll be able to remember everything without so much pain.
We're pulling for you here.

farnsworth
December 7th, 2004, 09:19 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about Jon. Your post was a very moving tribute to a good friend. My thoughts are with you.

blairbecky
December 7th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Thank you for sharing your loss so that we can realize how much our true friends mean to us. Sometimes I take people for granted and your post made me call my best friend just to tell her I love her. I'm sure he not only made your life fuller but you in turn did the same for him. You're in my prayers.

mark_varney47
December 7th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Stephanie,
Just as he was always there for you,I'm sure that he felt you were there for him also.Remember that he will still be with you in spirit, and would want you to lead a full life just as if he was there.The connection that you two made was special indeed.You are both wonderful people who cared about others.You will be in my prayers.
Mark

thisgirl13
December 8th, 2004, 11:37 AM
To everyone on here, for your thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement:

Thank you. I am so blessed to have such a group of people within my reach.

Regards,

~Steph~

newmastersswimmer
December 8th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Thanks for sharing that story Stephanie. My family will keep Jon (his family) and you in our prayers. Jon sounds like a great person and I'm sure he is very happy with your nice tribute to him where ever he may now be! I'm also sure that he knew how much he meant to you (so please don't feel guilty about not telling him enough!) I lost a good friend in a tragic way about 10 years ago ...He was also a very special person to me as well......It was a very tough time but I got through it and so will you. I am very sorry for your loss.

newmastersswimmer

laineybug
December 8th, 2004, 08:05 PM
You will never lose your memorys of him. Wrap them in love, keep them in your heart and he will be with you always.

Lainey

Sonic Swimmer78
December 9th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Stephanie,

I was touched by your story, I'm very sorry you lost such a good friend. I know it's hard to lose that special someone. I lost my dear grandmother six years ago, due to diabetic complications. Six years later and it still hurts knowing she's not there to greet me, or make her famous tacos.

My deepest sympathies.