PDA

View Full Version : weird occurance

spintwo
December 7th, 2004, 06:47 PM
I was in the locker room, after practice one afternoon, and when I was putting away my goggles, I noticed anthoer pair, exactly the same (speedo sengar) in the bag. Same model, same color. So i wondered if the pack that my mom had bought came with two. I wnet to teh store to check, but no. I asked my mom if she was sure she bought only one pair and she said yes. Now, I'm puzzled. Ther'es no way I picked up someone's else because when I dont' have the pair aroudn my head, I have it in my mouth. I'm pretty sure no one woudl take the trouble of getting the exact same goggles as me and then putting them in my bag either. hmm...mystery.

Now, I'm kinda psycho about the entire germ thing and drew up a scenario in my head recently. Someone picked it up from who knows where, a dumpster perhaps, and stuck it in my bag to cause my eyes infection, disease, or perhaps even for me to go blind. I'm trying to assure myself this si not the case. Even if it were kinda possible, once in the chlorine would rid of all the bad stuff woudln't it? (I'm prety sure I can't use soap for the lens will go wacky)

centaur532
December 7th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Ask around on your team. If someone knows that you wear those goggles, and someone else misplaced their pair, the goggles might have been put in your bag by mistake.
I've had spooky things like that happen to me too. I once wanted this one book, and I looked and looked and looked for it, and suddenly it appeared. Bear in mind I'd been looking at the same shelf for 10 minutes, and this book was bright green and impossible to miss. When I took it up to pay for it, the cashier didn't recall stocking it at all. It creeped me out.

spintwo
December 7th, 2004, 10:29 PM
I know for sure no one else where's the same pair of goggles , even if so, no one has the same COLORED goggles as me. But, I asked aroudn anyway, and that's a no go.

knelson
December 8th, 2004, 10:42 AM
The only logical explanation is the goggles cloned themselves :D

scyfreestyler
December 8th, 2004, 11:35 AM
This is a wonderful argument against embryonic stem cell research. Sure, now it's only goggles but what next? Books? Refrigerators? People? J/K!! Anyhow, I doubt this is an act of terrorism by anybody. Do you know how remote the possibility is of contracting a rare disease through the use of goggles? The chlorine in the pool should kill any bacteria that is on them in short order.