PDA

View Full Version : no dairy?why?

hooked-on-swimming
December 9th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Below is an extract from an article about Grant Hackett.There's one thing that confuses me - he is strongly against dairy, but why?I always thought dairy products were good for athletes.I personally love them(especially milk) and cannot see life without them.

To stop his immune system running down he started taking vitamins, using the treadmill and being diet conscious. His mother, Margaret, says "He was a real garbage guts before, heaps of chocolate and soft drinks. Now it's no dairy, light soy milk on his cereal - he has 20 bowls." (The Australian Magazine 09/05/99

EyeoreSAM
December 9th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I'm not sure why he doesn't eat dairy, but I know that I can only eat limited amounts especially on the heavy training days. It builds up mucus in my chest and I just try and stay away.

laineybug
December 9th, 2004, 05:02 PM
I've heard something about a lot of dairy causing more lactic acid build up in the muscles too. Don't know if that is scientifically based.

Some folks can't digest dairy easily. Maybe he is one of those folks.

Lainey

Yardbird
December 9th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Some people think milk products are unhealthy -- even poisonous! This rather lengthy letter explains the reasons:

http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html

hooked-on-swimming
December 9th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Kim Tarnower
Some people think milk products are unhealthy -- even poisonous! This rather lengthy letter explains the reasons:

http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html

Wow, interesting article.Looks like it just tried to blaim all the deseases and ilnesses on milk.

thisgirl13
December 10th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Wow. :eek:

scyfreestyler
December 10th, 2004, 06:01 PM
20 bowls of cereal? That is amazing.

hooked-on-swimming
December 11th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by 330man
20 bowls of cereal? That is amazing.

That really is not that much, not that I eat that many bowls, but I I can easily eat 5 bowls at a time and not feel full, cereal is light food, at least for me, I do not ever remember getting full on cereal.

Rob Copeland
December 11th, 2004, 08:32 AM
“I can easily eat 5 bowls at a time and not feel full”

Why don’t you get a bigger bowl?:)