PDA

View Full Version : Evanston Has A Meet January 16th!

Catfish Woman
December 11th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Evanston is having a swim meet January 16th. It's true. Although information is being kept top secret, all are encouraged to kick off the 2005 season in style, speed, and sassafrass in E'Town. Check out the Catfish web page for info www.evmasters.org

It's great to see so many teams trying to host meets this year, I'm anxious to plan out my own schedule.

Does anyone know the difference between 'sanctioned' meets vs. 'pending' meets? Which ones can I count on happening?

Any word on Rockford? They've always held a great meet in February that makes for a fun road trip opportunity. :confused:

cjquill
December 15th, 2004, 09:30 AM
You indeed have a mysterious meet. I checked your team's website. While it has a lovely portrait of some dogs wearing antlers and some nice pictures from your December 5th meet, it does not have meet information other than the date of January 16th. Has your meet been sanctioned yet?

Catfish Woman
December 15th, 2004, 07:59 PM
We just heard from Scooby Doo's Mystery Inc. Mobile... The mystery has been solved! YES there will be an Evanston meet. Mark your calendars for January 16th and get ready for fun!

Our official SANCTIONED meet entry is on its way back to E'town. We offer you a sneak peek in order to plan your events. Sh...
500 free, 200's and 50's of each and every kind will make up this day of fun. Please check back to Evanston's web site, as our entry information will be posted ASAP.

Please Mr. Postmann, hurry with our sanction so that we can post our meet for all to see!

Looking forward to seeing you all in the pool!:cool:

NKMD
December 15th, 2004, 11:07 PM
There is no sanction yet. I am waiting for the paper work.

I just got the entry tonight. Awaiting sanction form and fee.

Yes, there is a meet at Evanston on January 16, 2005.
Warm-up at 7:30am Competitions begins at 8:00 am

Event 1. 500 Freestyle
2. 50 Breastroke
3. 200 Backstroke
4. 50 Butterfly
5. 100 IM
6. 200 MIXED MEDLEY RELAY
7. 200 Freestyle
8. 200 Butterfly
9. 50 Backstroke
10. 200 Breastroke
11. 50 Freestyle
12. 200 MIXED FREE RELAY

Catfish Woman
December 16th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Swim in a fast pool. The Illinois Girls And Boys State Meet is held here, not elsewhere as reported in the press. Our record board speaks for itself! Fast! Timing systems and digital display scoreboard with animation is state of the art. Just wanted to get the link back on top.

NKMD
December 20th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Evanston's Meet is sanctioned.

Go to CMSA website and Evanston's webpage for more information.

www.cmsaswimming.org

www.evmasters.org

ratthedog
December 21st, 2004, 09:25 AM
Evanston Masters has two more Shure E3 earphones as door prizes! Donated by Shure, Inc. of Niles, IL. See at www.shure.com a $179 value each! All swimmers get entered for mid meet drawings.
Enjoy!
:)

wilddave
December 30th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Craig,

Thanks for the Shure products at both of the EV meets. I never knew what that modern building near the Walmart on Touhy sold. "Shure" written really big on the faux steel facade always made me curious. I checked it out and want to try the ear phones at the EV meet. Sounds luxurious! Thanks for the fun raffle!

The guy that will beat you in the 100 breast when we are 80 (if I live so long)(Swimming better work!).

David Ackermann
Second to Craig 13 times.