PDA

View Full Version : Central Meet Sanctioned!

NKMD
December 15th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Central Illinois Masters
2005 Spring Classic
Illinois Wesleyan University
Bloomington, Illinois

We welcome everyone to the 2005 Spring Classic located in Central Illinois! We’re approximately 2 hours South of Chicago and 2 ˝ hours North of St. Louis. A fun road trip for most of our swimmers and a home meet for our local team!
Our pool has been measured so times will be submitted for 2005 top ten and records recognition.

Date: Sunday – March 6, 2005
Time: 9:00 AM Warm-ups, 10:00 AM Start

Facility: Illinois Wesleyan University’s Fort Natatorium is located at 302 East Emerson Street in Bloomington. The pool is an eight lane 25 yard, L-shaped pool. It is equipped with a Colorado Electronic Timing System and score board, non-turbulent double lane markers, trench gutters and a Tarn-Pure filter system.

Order of Events
1. 100 IM
2. 1000 Free
3. 100 Breast
4. 100 fly
5. 50 Back
6. 200 OPEN
10 minute break
7. 50 Free
8. 50 Breast
9. 50 Fly
10. 100 Back
11. 100 Free
10 minute break
12. 500 free/400 IM

Go to our cmsa webiste for more info on our meets.

http://cmsaswimming.org/_cmsa/01public/_main/index.html

craiglll@yahoo.com
December 16th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Nadine,

Is there a reason why all of the meets are started so early? This is true especially for the Chicago meets. For those of us outside of Chicago, it means travel and a hotel room.

dorothyrde
December 16th, 2004, 10:36 AM
I imagine it is because the pools are in use in the afternoons. My kids swim team is talking about trying to host a Masters meet and have the Senior team be in charge of running it. We would have to be clear of the pool by noon or 1 because of public swimming, so warm-ups must be early.

Central's meet is refreshing for me, only 45 minutes away, I practically get to sleep in. Too bad it is against my son's YMCA District meet.

NKMD
December 16th, 2004, 10:22 PM
It is up to the meet host to decide on the start times of the meet. Most of the times are dictated by the facilities requirements.

But, you can go up the night before and hang out with other swimmers, friends, etc. Chicago is a fun town.

Yes, it does get costly driving and staying in hotels. But, hey it's worth it seeing all my friends and swimming.

As for the Central meet, I will have my Master's swim Clinic on Saturday.

So we usually go to dinner after and then the meet is Sunday.

You also have to think about if the eet starts later; it ends later, then people have a long drive home after the meet.

Dorothy,
e-mail me, I am happy to hear that the Aquachiefs are thinking about hosting a meet. It can be over by noon. But, why noon we use the pool until 3:00 PM on Sunday? also we have Urbana too.

Keep on Swimming.............

dorothyrde
December 17th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Nadine, I private messaged you.

Robert Zeitner
December 17th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Hello All:

Has CMSA ever considered a hosting program, similar to what Chicago Triathlon has for out of town triathletes.

This is a program, where local (ie Chicago) swimmers agree to host an out of town swimmer for the night or nights before a swim meet.

It would be entirely voluntary, and may be something that can be handled entirely on the CMSA discussions forum, so there would be no need for a coordinator.

At least this type of program might be considered for the State meet.

Just a thought.

Robert E. Zeitner

craiglll@yahoo.com
December 17th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Many meets in Indiana are in the afternoon. there is one in Bloomington, IN on Feb. 12th that starts, I think, at 12:30. When I lived in DC, many of our meets started after 10:am. I know a lot of Y's that have moring lessons. I think if more meets sarted later even just one hour later, more people outside of Chicago would be likely ot participate.

dorothyrde
December 17th, 2004, 03:49 PM
That is true Craig. I don't like to spend time away from my family and money on a hotel room to go up the night before, so my choice is to get up at o-dark am, and drive, not really good for the swimming. That is why I like the Central meet. Can leave at 8am.