PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Bonaire EcoSwim

info@randynutt.com
December 19th, 2004, 09:35 PM
The Dutch Caribbean Island of Bonaire*, rated #1 as "The World's Best Shore Diving" by readers of Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine (April 2004 ) will again host the Caribbean’s premier open water swim.

Swimmers from all over the world will swim in crystal clear water above some of the worlds most beautiful coral reefs. Non-divers can enjoy the spectacular snorkeling just yards off Bonaire's shores!

There is an event for everyone with the following divisions: 10k, 5k, or Metric Mile. (the 5k and Metric Mile offer fin divisions as well).

So mark your calendar: NOVEMBER 5th 2005 and make plans to join us!

The INFO and ENTRY FORM is posted here: www.AquaMoonAdventures.com

*Location: The Dutch Caribbean Island of Bonaire is part of the Netherlands Antilles which includes Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. Bonaire is located 50 miles north of Venezuela and 30 miles from Curacao. The island is 24 miles long by 3-7 miles wide. Located outside the hurricane belt, Bonaire's average temperature is 82 F (27.8 C) with an average water temperature of 80 F (26.7 C).

Maryyyyyy
January 16th, 2005, 10:38 AM
One day I'm gonna do this swim! Gotta have beautiful dreams, right?

DianaC
April 7th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Hi! My hubby and I are going to Bonaire this year for scuba diving, and we decided to do it in Nov so I can do the Ecoswim. I am really looking forward to it! Can you tell me anything about the conditions? I am debating between the 5K and the 10K. Any advice? Thanks, Randy, will look forward to meeting you there!

info@randynutt.com
April 7th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Hi Diana,

-you are going to find the water awesome for both the swim and your scuba diving. (For those that don't dive the snorkeling is also great.)

Last year the 5k, since it crossed the channel, was a little rougher than the 10k. This year we are changing the 5k so that the course will be along the shore of Bonaire, over many reefs. It should be a lot calmer.

Basically your decision should be based on the distance you will want to swim as both will be along the coast in the same area.

DianaC
April 8th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks for your reply Randy. I LOVE Bonaire! We have been there twice before, for diving both times. It is so much fun and so relaxing. We are going to stay at the Divi Flamingo, which isn't too far from the swim activities. We plan to just take a cab or hitch a ride with some other swimmers.

That's interesting that the course is changing this year. I was looking forward to swimming to Klein Bonaire - I saw turtles there last time, when I took a snorkeling tour! I am planning to send you my registration next week. Do I have to decide right away on the 5K or 10K? Since it's not til Nov, I will keep training all summer and maybe I will be ready for the 10K by then. But I am not sure, so it would be great to be able to decide later.

Take care!
Diana

info@randynutt.com
April 12th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Hi Diana,

We do several group swims to Klein Bonaire each year so you will have plenty of chances to look for the turtles -which we see every year!

Send me your email (offline from this discussion board) so I can further follow up with you. Good to hear you will join us.

Sincerely,