PDA

View Full Version : Speedlite Cap

Allen Stark
December 22nd, 2004, 02:01 PM
I have seen the Speedo Speedlite Cap and goggles advertized in Swimming World and have seen them at meets,but I can't find a supplier. HELP! Also does anyone know about the Nike strapless goggles?

CCSR79
December 24th, 2004, 04:34 PM
I did a google seach on the speedlite cap and wasn't able to find any retailers... This is the info I got on Nike strapless goggles:
Nike Strapless Swim Goggles

Availability: Spring 2005, $25 a pair
These Nike swim goggles use disposable adhesive strips to stay in place and keep water out, even after a dive. An extra angled pane maximizes your field of vision without distorting the view, and—serious swimmers take note—they produce zero drag, so they're even faster than the naked eye. The medical-grade glue on the strips is engineered to bond comfortably with your flesh on one side and the polycarbonate lenses on the other. Still, putting the goggles on and taking them off can be a chore.

msgrupp
December 24th, 2004, 05:00 PM
reactions to the "medical grade adhesive" around your eyes from sticking on these goggles. Many people have an allergy to medical adhesive products to the extent that 3M developed a papertape and another product called micropore for those with allergies.

From someone who gets mild hives even from a bandaid on my arm after a few minutes--I can imagine what would happen with adhesive around my eyes for any length of time.

The idea sounds great but I can imagine the biggest expense is going to be buying the adhesive strips not the actual goggles!

CCSR79
December 24th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Plus I'm thinking about how painful it'd probably be to pull those things out... Like ripping off a bandaid except on much more sensitive skin!

breastroker
December 24th, 2004, 09:37 PM
I am with Allen, If it could cut a tenth of a second from my 50 breast I would buy ten of them.

Of course in my case just working out would cut seconds:D

Allen, I missed you at our SCM Champs. I am so out of shape, I hurt my "good" arm. Could not raise it above my waist.

But you are swimming great, should have stayed to the next weekend where you could have raced Strand.

tjrpatt
December 24th, 2004, 10:10 PM
I saw a picture of the Speedlite goggle. I hope that they fit the big eye swimmer such as myself. It is so hard to find good goggles when you have big eyes. the Strapless goggles look cool but how do they stay on after you dive off the blocks. I hope that they make those for big eyed people too.

tjrpatt
December 26th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Allen Stark
I have seen the Speedo Speedlite Cap and goggles advertized in Swimming World and have seen them at meets,but I can't find a supplier. HELP! Also does anyone know about the Nike strapless goggles?

You can order them from Amazon.com.

Go to the Sports and Outdoors department and do a search for those goggles.