PDA

View Full Version : Secretary position

craiglll@yahoo.com
January 7th, 2005, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking of running for the secretary position. I live in Galesburg. I have two concerns about the organizaiton & what goes on

1. How important do many people believe the Chicago area is to the organization. That is where most of our members are but not where we could grow the most.

2. What do members see as the most pressing issue to the continuation of hte organization as a whole?

newsletter
membership growth
officers meetings
financial stablility
more meets

Also, How would Chicago people feel having many of the officers livinig deep down in the state. We might just have meeting in Peoria or some place more obscure!

Robert Zeitner
January 7th, 2005, 04:30 PM
The place time and date of the semi-annual meetings are not solely dictated by the location of the officers.

All team representatives and sub-team representatives, and in fact, all CMSA members are invited to the meetings.

We are not the only State with a geographical imbalance of members. Another close example is Wisconsin, where the greater part of their membership is centered in the Milwaukee area.

Utilizing meeting facilities in the Chicago area has not been a problem so far, and presently several of our prominent officers live downstate. It is the same problem when choosing to attend a swim meet in the State.

Do not let that discourage you from seeking the office.

Robert E. Zeitner
Flying Carp Swimming

Robert Zeitner
The place time and date of the semi-annual meetings are not solely dictated by the location of the officers.

All team representatives and sub-team representatives, and in fact, all CMSA members are invited to the meetings.

We are not the only State with a geographical imbalance of members. Another close example is Wisconsin, where the greater part of their membership is centered in the Milwaukee area.

Utilizing meeting facilities in the Chicago area has not been a problem so far, and presently several of our prominent officers live downstate. It is the same problem when choosing to attend a swim meet in the State.

Robert E. Zeitner
Flying Carp Swimming

Robert Zeitner

Robert E. Zeitner
Flying Carp Swimming

craiglll@yahoo.com
January 10th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I'm making a reply hoping Illinois swimmers will see this & respond.