PDA

View Full Version : Postal Swims - question

mbriones
January 7th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Can one do their own postal swim on an individual basis? There was talk about our club (which is small, new, and we don't even have our own coach). I can use my lapcounter which I wear on my finger. I think I could probably do 80 laps in an hour now...I did 48 in 34 minutes nonstop today and started thinking about postal swims.

Anyone?

knelson
January 7th, 2005, 07:11 PM
I don't think you need a coach, but you do need someone on deck to record your splits at each 50. That person then must sign your entry as a "verifier."

suares
January 8th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Where does one find the rules to participate in a postal?
Is there a USMS document?

MegSmath
January 10th, 2005, 09:02 AM
The rules applying to a specific postal meet are stated in that meet's information. Otherwise, USMS rules as stated in our rule book apply, as they would to any meet. The USMS rule book is available online on this website, or you can order a copy from the National Office. The 2005 rule books should be delivered any day now (they have been at the printer since early December). Last time I checked the 2004 rule book was still posted online, but should be replaced by the 2005 version soon, if it hasn't been already.

craiglll@yahoo.com
January 10th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I have no team, I have no coach. I swim alone. I've asked life guards to count my laps & record my time. I ussually give to them a gift card to a local restaurant. they usualyy say they'll do it.