PDA

View Full Version : CMSA Championships 2005

MPohlmann
January 8th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Just wanted to let you know that it is now official.

The CMSA (Central LMSC) Championships will be April 14-17, 2005 at the University of Illinois Chicago Circle pool.

Sanction is pending.

MPohlmann
February 19th, 2005, 08:29 PM
While completing my CMSA Championship entry form, I noticed that it was very easy to add the number of events into the total entry fee required (instead of just using it to calculate the fee for that number of events). I had already written my check before I noticed the problem. I ripped up the check and wrote a new one, but I'm afraid others might make the same mistake that I did.

Sometimes we don't catch problems until we actually put a form into use, so please be careful as you calculate your entry fee for the CMSA Championships.

The entry form is available in our latest CMSA newsletter and online in the meet market section of cmsaswimming.org.

Thanks.

Mary

craiglll@yahoo.com
February 21st, 2005, 03:48 PM
Mary,
I did the same thing. Is the meeting after Saturday or after Sunday?
Craig

MPohlmann
February 21st, 2005, 04:05 PM
The CMSA meeting will be Saturday, April 16th at 4:30 pm or 30 minutes following completion of the 500 free.

The meeting will be at PEB in room 117 (this is located at the southeast end of the IUC pool next to the diving boards). Food
and drinks will be available.

We will elect CMSA officers for the next two years and present the Coach of the Year and CMSA Service Awards.

Be sure to get your nominations for these awards and/or your nomination for officer letters mailed before the deadline of March 15th. See the latest CMSA Newsletter for the correct forms and details.

All CMSA members are invited to attend this meeting.

See you there.

Mary Pohlmann
CMSA President

carlsaxton
February 21st, 2005, 06:04 PM
I'm curious, did you have the same problem last year with the entry form? I ask because:

1. The host committee used the form that was emailed to us by the CMSA President.

2. The entry form is identical, with the exception of a line for the T-shirt, to last year's entry at Barrington.

craiglll@yahoo.com
February 22nd, 2005, 11:01 AM
I was also talking on the telephone when I filled the form out. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the form.

carlsaxton
April 6th, 2005, 09:01 AM
As of April 5, 2005:

446 entries received
2550 splashes

Heat/Psych Sheets should be ready by April 10.

craiglll@yahoo.com
April 6th, 2005, 11:41 AM
the numbers excite me!!!!!!!:D

carlsaxton
April 10th, 2005, 10:11 PM
CMSAers:

As promised, the CMSA Championship Heat Sheets are now comleted and have been sent to the CMSA President and CMSA WebMaster for posting on the CMSA website.

Please note, that for the 1650, Heats 1-9 are swum on Thursday and heats 10-17 will be swum on Friday.

Enjoy and Good Luck to all!

Regards,
Your 2005 CMSA State Meet Hosts - Chicago Masters and Evanston Masters

NKMD
April 10th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Nice job Carl.

Thank you for all your hard work.

See you at States.

Let's all have fun.

wilddave
April 11th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Evanston and UIC have done a great job putting together an above par State Meet! Over 450 swimmers with relay folks. Awesome! Technology know-how gives us the heat sheets in advance, let's us visualize our swims better, and experience the agony of defeat before it happens, so cool. Each time I review the heat sheets my legs get tired. Good stuff.

I look forward to State Meet each year because I meet friends that I have not seen in too long of a time. James Ralph, Stephanie Mullins, Sue Welker, John Pratt , Rich Mueller's daughter and such. I am ready for my mediocre swims, I fear not. The 2005 State Meet is proving itself to be quite fast. I look forward to seeing the great swims from all ages, including Barb Delanois'.

So as I sit here and type, drunk on a Sunday night, I imagine myself winning my heats next week cause Dave McClellan did not show up, and I am happy. May all 35+ males get the flu this week. Godspeed.

State Meet! Bring it on Naperville Waves, Catifsh love to swim fast amongst Waves. other teams too. Yahoo!

Coach Sue
April 11th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Hey Davie, where do I get a copy of that heat sheet you are reading??

Can't wait for the weekend! GOOD LUCK to all Illinois swimmers! :)

carlsaxton
April 11th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Sue:

Evanston, being a co-host, has a copy of the heat sheets. I just emailed a copy to you.

Regards,
Carl

wilddave
April 11th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Now that the cat is out of the bag and just for kicks, the 2005 State Meet Heat Sheets are also available from the www.evmasters.org homepage. Now everyone can see'em.

carlsaxton
April 11th, 2005, 08:16 PM
PLEASE NOTE - we have received a few emails already indicating wrong seed times, missing events, team affiliation, etc. We are making corrections now, and will post a revised heat sheet listing as soon as we're done.

The heat sheets that will be provided upon check in, will be the final copy.

carlsaxton
April 11th, 2005, 09:17 PM
If anyone has issues with their events, please email David at david@davidschiff.com before 11AM Tuesday morning. After that the heat sheet is final and any changes needing to be made after that we will put swimmers in the first heat or open lanes.

Please refer to the Evanston Masters webpage for the listing of the heat sheets.

Coach Sue
April 11th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks Carl!!
This must be a headache!!
Who is handling the corrections?

:rolleyes:

carlsaxton
April 11th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Corrections are being handled by David at david@davidschiff.com

Matt S
April 11th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Carl,

Appreciate the updates. Some of us were monitoring the CMSA web site. You're a life-saver.

Matt

craiglll@yahoo.com
April 12th, 2005, 12:23 PM
What's the X mean by my times?

I just went throught the heat sheets! My heart is just pumping!!!!!! I can't believe it! I hope I can calm down enough to make it through my afternoon swim without getting sick!

It is truly amazing to me that so many people will come together for a wonderful weekend of swimming. I truly hope we all enjoy our weekend & have great times!

carlsaxton
April 12th, 2005, 01:49 PM
X = Excellent

In other words, we're eXpecting you to swim an eXcellent race.

NONONONONONO, I'm kidding (but you're still more than welcome to swim an excellent race)!

No idea what that means, but I'll check on it and get back to you

MPohlmann
April 12th, 2005, 02:49 PM
The CMSA Championship heat sheet is now available at the Meet Market section of the CMSA website www.cmsaswimming.org/meetmarket (http://www.cmsaswimming.org/meetmarket) in addition to the Evanston website.

Scroll down the page and click on the link across from Nadine Day's photo.

Mary

carlsaxton
April 12th, 2005, 08:17 PM
The Heat Sheets have been revised and sent to the CMSA President and CMSA WebMaster for posting (the file is too big to post on the USMS site). :D As a reminder for the 1650, heats 1-9 will be swum on Thursday and heats 10-17 swum on Friday.

Additionally, an "X" by your name means exhibition, which means they donít count for points. :eek:

dorothyrde
April 13th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Normally X means exhibition as Carl says. It is used if a swimmer wants to swim more events than allowed for points. However, it is easy to accidently hit the X box when doing set-up(and just as easy to fix).

carlsaxton
April 15th, 2005, 01:53 AM
Please NOTE that the heats are being reseeded again. We have a few more changes come in yesterday and today so we will be posting the revised heats sheets in colored paper around the pool deck. We will be using these, NOT the ones that will be in your goodie bag. Please check the posted, colored heat sheets for your event, heat and lane assignment.

Thanks,
Carl

P.S. And yes, it's 1 am as I'm writing this.

Coach Sue
April 15th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks Carl for keeping us up to date!! Last nights mile went great! Right on time & we had many fast swims & PR'S!!! :D
Good luck to all Illinois swimmers & see me to pick up or order your shirts for USMS Nationals!!

carlsaxton
April 15th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Just a quick clarification on the heat reseeding:

ONLY the men's heats have been reseeded. The women's events as published in the meet heat sheet (in your goodie bag when you checked in) are correct.

Again, ONLY the men's events have been reseeded. The reseeded men's events are printed on blue paper and posted in four different places around the pool area.

--Carl

carlsaxton
April 16th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Please note, that the current time for Sunday has the 400 IM finishing at approximately 8:45 am.

As per the meet entry, the 100 Breaststroke will be begin at either 10 am OR 30 minutes after the 400 IM finishes. This means that the with the current time line, the 100 Breaststroke will beging at 9:15 am.

Regards,
Carl

mattson
April 17th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by carlsaxton
As per the meet entry, the 100 Breaststroke will be begin at either 10 am OR 30 minutes after the 400 IM finishes. This means that the with the current time line, the 100 Breaststroke will beging at 9:15 am.

I suggest that for next year, the meet info should make it clear if it is the sooner of the two options, or the later.

Very nice meet run by Chicago Masters and Evanston, thanks for hosting the swim party.

Congratulations to Evanston for their championship. mumble grumble mumble :)

carlsaxton
April 17th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by mattson
I suggest that for next year, the meet info should make it clear if it is the sooner of the two options, or the later. [/SIZE]

Mark, you're killing me...the entry says, "30 minute break or 10 am (whichever is first)." Not sure how much clearer you can make that statement.

urban
April 18th, 2005, 12:14 AM
does anyone have liz dillman's 100-yard freestyle time. I've got a 51.9? and I'm going crazy trying to find it. Please help me if you can. I have until Tuesday morning to get it. Thank you very much.

Mark Urban:confused:

mattson
April 18th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by carlsaxton
...the entry says, "30 minute break or 10 am (whichever is first)."

I am looking at the meet entry form, posted Jan 26. It says "10am... or 30 minutes following 400 IM" on pages 1 and 2...

AHA! I did not get to the entry form on page 3, I see it there now. My problem is I mail in the 3rd page, and only carried around copies of the first two pages.

I'm guessing a lot of the text is copied over, year to year. Just saying that next year, when it is time to cut and paste, add the "(whichever is first)" to page one as well?

carlsaxton
April 18th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Ahha, good point. I'll try to make sure that's more clear on next year's entry.

carlsaxton
April 18th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by urban
does anyone have liz dillman's 100-yard freestyle time. I've got a 51.9? and I'm going crazy trying to find it. Please help me if you can. I have until Tuesday morning to get it. Thank you very much.

Mark Urban:confused:

Mark, are you sure Liz swam the 100 free? I only ask because I did not see Liz's name under the 100 free results when I checked this morning. I'll double check again when I get home tonight (results are on my home computer).

Coach Sue
April 18th, 2005, 04:53 PM
hey Mark,

Liz did swim a 51.9. just wait till next week at YMCA Nats in Indy!! She is rockin right now.

great to see you & keep up the awesome job of promoting masters swimmin!!

Coach Sue
April 18th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Carl,

Liz was in heat 14 lane 5 and swam a 50 split of 25.2 and a total time of 51.96. That of course is a state record & next weekend at Indy the national record of 51.41 should fall.

Thanks for everything you did this weekend!!:p

carlsaxton
April 18th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Well, it usually helps if I look in the right age group. Here are the splits/time you need Mark:

50 split - :25.26
100 split - :26.70
100 final time - :51.96

joy
April 18th, 2005, 09:57 PM
May I ask where & when the results of this meet will be posted so others can see? Thanz

urban
April 18th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks for Liz's time Carl.

Mark:D

carlsaxton
April 19th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by joy
May I ask where & when the results of this meet will be posted so others can see?

Joy: We're working on that now. I'll be able to send to the CMSA Webperson (Ramon) shortly for posting to the CMSA website.

Regards,
Carl

SwiminONandON
April 19th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Again thanks for a great meet! I think it went really well. I had a great time and can't wait for next year!

Also, if possible it would be GREAT to see the individual point totals per age group I know this was posted last year. I know it's a LOT of work. No rush, just if possible it'd be wonderful! Thanks!

PS - Nadine, I hope your back is better!

lizzie
April 19th, 2005, 07:01 PM
The meet was awesome - thanks to everyone who helped put it together and all the athletes and supporters who made the weekend competition so much fun!

For those inquiring minds, the Smelts did not pay Kyle Jackson to swim with us! He actually came to join our team and we told him that he may be too fast for us and that he may want to look at some of the other teams in Chicago. He said he prefers to swim with us...it must be our charm!

Thanks again for a wonderful meet. We all look forward to next year!

Liz
Chicago Smelts

carlsaxton
April 20th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Didn't get a CMSA Championship T-Shirt?

Have no fear, UnderDog is here...I mean, have no fear, we still have some Championship T-Shirts available.

We have M, L, XL sizes still available and at the rock bottom price of $5!

Please contact either Paul Moniak or Carl Saxton to get yours today!

craiglll@yahoo.com
April 20th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Something seems to be wrong with the third page of this thread. I can't get it to go to it.

carlsaxton
April 20th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com
Something seems to be wrong with the third page of this thread. I can't get it to go to it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's operator error. :p

SwiminONandON
April 21st, 2005, 11:58 AM
The results are up! Yeah! Thanks for getting those out so fast. I'm impressed!

Again, great meet! Great races! Great times! Thanks to everyone that swam, watched, volunteered, "officiated", organized, etc. Can't wait to do it all again next year!

craiglll@yahoo.com
April 22nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
Still can't call up the third page of this thread. I can get the fourth page though.

carlsaxton
April 22nd, 2005, 10:43 PM
Not sure how many people noticed, but this year, the meet hosts (Chicago Masters & Evanston Masters) gave out High Point Trophies for EACH age group in addition to a High Point trophy overall meet wide. Congratulations to all the High Point winners!

Coach Sue
April 23rd, 2005, 09:00 PM
Carl, I never heard the final on team points. Could you please post. Thanks!!

carlsaxton
April 25th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Meet results were given to Ramon on 4/21 by Joe. Here are the final team standings:

1 Evanston Masters - 2,747
2 Naperville Waves Swim Club - 2,360 .50
3 Wellness Center Seadogs - 750.50
4 Buehler Breakers - 594
5 Chicago Masters - 579
6 Chicago Smelts - 478
7 Elgin Blue Waves - 450
8 Deerfield Coho - 362.50
9 The Oak Park Masters - 354.50
10 New City Orcas - 347
11 Central Illinois Masters - 345
12 Chicago Blue Dolphins - 313
13 Bartlett Gators - 269.50
14 Saluki Masters - 258
15 Shabbona Sharks Masters - 194
16 Harbor Hurricanes - 175 .50
17 Mt. Greenwood Masters - 158
18 Independent Illinois Masters - 139
19 Libertyville - 124
20 Lakeshore Athletic Club - 112
21 Elmhurst Masters - 108
22 Arlington Masters - 98
23 Northwestern Aquatic Swim Asso - 94
24 Chum - 68
25 Healthtrack - 65
26 Sun City Stingrays - 62
27 Rockford Y - 60
28 Fact Warrenville - 34
29 Ywca Flying Fish Masters - 14
30 Flying Carp Swimmers - 13
30 Lincoln-Way Masters - 13
30 St Louis Masters - 13
33 Barrington - 11
34 Lattoff YMCA - 9
34 Iowa Masters - 9
34 Duneland Masters - 9
37 Rich Port YMCA - 6
38 Delnor Aquatic Masters - 4
39 Foglia YMCA - 3
39 Champaign McKinley YMCA - 3

Matt S
April 25th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Many thanks to Evanston Masters and CMSA for a first rate meet!

I hear about high point results, but are they posted some where? We at Libertyville had one of our swimmers win 8 out of 8 events in her age group. We're thinking she must have been close, but we were wondering how close.

Matt

carlsaxton
April 25th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Matt:

Correction, it was CHICAGO Masters and Evanston Masters that co-hosted the swim meet.

I've tried attaching the file for the individuals rankings by age group, but the pdf file is 10 pages long.

I know Mary is working with Ramon to get all of this posted to the CMSA site.

Regards,
Carl

carlsaxton
April 25th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Well, it did post. Excellent!

MPohlmann
April 26th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Now available at the CMSA website:

The 2005 CMSA State Meet Results have been updated to include both the Team Ranking results as well as the High Scoring Individual Results.

http://www.CMSAswimming.org/meetMarket

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Mary