PDA

View Full Version : flip turn help please!

sdswimmer
January 15th, 2005, 04:02 PM
I have been swimming in the ocean for many years. This winter I'm recovering from surgery and returned to the pool. I have to be very careful about flip turns but I can do them however i notice that no matter how hard I try, my right foot comes in contact with the wall and my left doesn't (if they both do I'm too close to the wall)I usually flip on a right stroke but not always.

SInce I also broke some toes on my right foot (beofre the surgery, it was a bad year end for me) I don't relaly want to be pushing off with that side only!

ANy suggestions? I'm not yet ready for masters swim and have to do the majority of my siwmming with a snorkle (I can't turn and breathe I can do one or the other).
Thanks!

thinkersw
January 16th, 2005, 03:46 PM
So after you have flipped and your head is coming back up, look at your feet on the wall. If you sight on the wall after the flip you can see what your feet are doing and this should help in getting both feet on the wall. I always tell my swimmers to look at the wall. You can also predict where you are going. If your feet are parallel to you, then you should have a good push off, but if your feet are above you, then you are pushing straight down and if you are way above your feet, then you will surface quickly. (Sorry, for the runon sentence, I was looking at my feet!)