PDA

View Full Version : Work out for Abs

orrry
January 27th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Hey i have been swiming for a while now. used to race and coach but i was wondering if anyone out there could help me get a good work out for abs in the water so if u can help me out that would be great

Ryan

craiglll@yahoo.com
January 28th, 2005, 11:32 AM
I do back dolphin kicks without a kick board, on th eside dolphin kicks wihtout a kick board. Do them hard & fast!!!

BigMike02
February 3rd, 2005, 12:54 AM
Definitely do with the dolphin kick sets. They really work the core muscles. Consider some reverse crunches and trunk twists.

craiglll@yahoo.com
February 3rd, 2005, 10:56 AM
Ryan & I have e-mailed each other about this. I know a guy who pulled butterfly through his entire workout to build up his shoulders & abs. He woudl do it until he coudl swimno more. He started doing whatever he could. By the end of a summer, he was pulling 300yd repeats, dolphin kicks without board on back & side, and pulling breast. Ten years laterr he still has great abs.

tjrpatt
March 12th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Craig,
I didn't realize how pulling breast and fly can really work your abs until you mentioned it. Now, I try to do once a week and I will tell my workout coach to do some pulling of breast and fly.