PDA

View Full Version : Questioning The Coach

SeoulNewfie
January 29th, 2005, 01:30 AM
I decided that after a month of free swimming at the pool that I wanted to fine tune my free as well as learn the other strokes. So I joined up with the coach at my pool (the only one who speaks English).

He went ahead and put me in an Intermedate class. I have never taken lessons before or have been coached. He has seen me doing free for the last month at the pool 3x a week. Does he really know what he is doing? It is not ethicticaly correct to question those above you in Korea.

thisgirl13
January 29th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Seoul,

If the person you're working with is a coach, then I'd be more likely to say that he's correct in putting you in the intermediate class. A lot of times, people don't take lessons or instruction, and they swim very well. There isn't really, contrary to popular belief, a perfectly set technique that everyone strives for. It's about what works well for you, aside from a starting point of what your stroke should look relatively similar to.

And also, I obviously haven't seen you swim, but the coach has, and if it's frowned on to question people in higher authority, my recommendation would be that you not question them. When in Rome......