PDA

View Full Version : Speedo

Swim2sea
February 2nd, 2005, 05:28 PM
:( I just discovered that I am 2 sizes to small (and I don't mean the Grinch's heart) to fit into a Speedo Fastskin. I think it is unfair that they make XXL for men, but nothing very large for women. Do they think just because I wear a size 12 I don't swim. I only weigh a 145 lbs. and the 29 just won't fit.

Is there any interest out there is a writing or email campaign to Speedo to try to get them to make the Fastskin in a larger size for women? I have sent email and so have several of my swim buddies.

I think it discriminates against women!! Shame on Speedo.

Fishgrrl
February 2nd, 2005, 05:58 PM
Swimtosea - try Tyr. I haven't tried the Speedo brand, but you and I weigh the same and if you can't fit into a 29 I probably couldn't either!

I have a Tyr fastskin and I love it - size 34 by the way...

Kae1
February 3rd, 2005, 09:00 AM
I just did a quick check at swim2000.com, and you can get the Speedo fastskins in sizes up to 36. There seemed to be one style of the women's fastskin that came only in a size 29, but others had larger sizes. I haven't seen any in over a 38, though.

Kae

craiglll@yahoo.com
February 3rd, 2005, 10:58 AM
I'm too tall

Swim Freak
February 5th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Swim2sea,

I'm also a size 12 and outweigh you by some 20 pounds and I can wear a 29. I'm not saying it's easy to get it on - you must be very patient. What I'm suggesting is that you try it again and get the material as far up as you can to compress equally across your whole body. It is easy to leave too much material too low and then causing a poor fit. The hips are the hardest, but you have to get the seam up and over the hip bone (again, as high as possible). Once you've done that, you're home free! I also wear the racerback style, not the zip up, and that gives you some more room as there isn't as much squeezing in. And for what it's worth, it's worth the effort and the price! Good luck!

Kae1
February 7th, 2005, 09:36 AM
I got a new swim catalog and checked the sizes on the Speedo FSIIs. Turns out they are apparently sized differently than the other suits. According to the chart, if your Lycra size is 36, you can wear the FSII 29.

You want to talk about gender-discrimination is swimsuits, how about the companies whose suits don't cover the "full-busted" woman? (ie everyone but Speedo).

Kae