PDA

View Full Version : March 28

carlsaxton
March 21st, 2005, 06:15 AM
This is a reminder that your state meet entries must be postmarked by March 28 in order to register to swim at the state meet. Right now, we've received a little over 100 entries.

craiglll@yahoo.com
March 21st, 2005, 10:39 AM
Carl,

Is this a small number?

carlsaxton
March 21st, 2005, 03:53 PM
Craig:

Honestly, I don't know. We had a bunch of entries come in right away, and now they're just trickeling in. Based on meets hosted in the past, we expect to have a bunch of entries come in right at the deadline. I know that's a pretty wishy-washy answer, but until there's a final count, I'd hate to guess (we have currently about 700 splashes...ie, 700 events being swum total from all the entries received thus far).

craiglll@yahoo.com
March 21st, 2005, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know if this is about the number ot be expected? Are the other meets attended as they were in the past?

SwiminONandON
March 21st, 2005, 05:16 PM
There haven't been as many meets this year as there were last year, why I'm not sure. Maybe Nadine is sanctioning with an iron fist (kidding).

Anyone know how many swam at state last year?

Are there age group trends this year? IE - lots of 25-35 and not a lot else?

I think it's going to be a great meet and I for one am totally looking forward to it.

Hopefully the entries will pour in, in the next week!

Keep us updated as to what the numbers look like.

cjquill
March 21st, 2005, 06:38 PM
Last year's total number of swimmers registered was just over 400. I do not know the total # of splashes. Perhaps our last year's hosts, Barrington Area Masters, would be kind enough to post the statistics since there seems to be some interest.

Historically, swimmers have ALWAYS waited to the absolute last minute (and beyond!) to make their meet entries. Doug Long, who hosts a perenially successful meet on Super Bowl Sunday, has estimated that he usually receives 2/3 of the entries in the last few days before the deadline.

While we're on the subject of reminders, the deadlines for USMS Short Course Nationals (Ft. Lauderdale) are:
4/7/05 for online entries;
4/7/05 for postmark of mailed entries: and
4/14/05 for receipt of mailed entries.

JRidge
March 22nd, 2005, 08:10 AM
The deadline is midnight 4/14/05 for online entries.