PDA

View Full Version : Chatfield Swims

Meli
March 31st, 2005, 12:38 PM
Ok, I see that COMSA will start the swims at Chatfield around the end of April. What I'm wondering is what y'all wear to swim when the water has to be rather chilly. Is everyone in a wetsuit? (And at what point in the summer is the water generally warm enough to go without a wetsuit?) I'm planning to do some workouts at Chatfield, but don't really want to freeze to death in the process!

Cinswims
April 1st, 2005, 05:47 PM
It will be mighty chilly that is for sure on April 30th, Melissa. So I would say, definately bring a wetsuit unless you are training for the Channel swim or other cold water swim. It all depends on when the water warms up but most years I don't wear a wetsuit much past the first week in June then usually around September I put it back on. Feel free to email me if you have more questions. I head up the swims on M-W-S. Could definately use some help during check-in too. cinswims@earthlink.net

Meli
April 9th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Brrrrr!!!!

This week I went and helped my dad get his boat into the water. Somehow I got suckered into having to unhook the boat from the trailer... which entailed standing knee deep in the water of Chatfield... barefoot, no less. Lemme tell ya, things just start going numb right away.

Here's hoping for some warm, sunny days to get those water temperatures up!