PDA

View Full Version : SC Nationals Entries and Network Issues

matysekj
April 11th, 2005, 12:14 PM
There are only a few days remaining to enter the short course nationals on line. The on line entry system (http://www.usms.org/comp/scnats05/onlineentry.php) will automatically shut down at midnight on Thursday night, April 14 (Eastern Daylight Time!!!). Swimmers are advised to not wait until the last minute to get their entries in. Problems accessing the site at the last minute are not a valid excuse that will allow you to enter late. To emphasize this point, the data center where our server is located experienced router problems this past Friday afternoon and again this morning that caused our server to be inaccessible or intermittenlty accessible for several hours. Also be aware that our data center's regularly scheduled maintenance window is 10 PM to midnight on Wednesdays (EDT). During this time period our host is allowed to perform any required network maintenance. Given the emergency problems they've experienced this week, I'm guessing that they will use some of this time this Wednesday and our server may be inaccessible during that time.

born2fly
April 11th, 2005, 04:24 PM
I registered this past weekend but have not recieved an email confirmation. Does it take a few days to get or should I get it instantly the day I registered?

Thanks,
Greg

kristilynn
April 11th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I registered several weeks ago and still have not received an email confirmation. Should I be worried?

Kristi

matysekj
April 11th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Kristi and Greg,

You're both in, and I just forwarded copies of your confirmation. For any others that may be wondering, please check your bulk mail or potential spam folders. Some email services (particularly Yahoo and AOL) tend to hide these automated replies from our server from you unless you go looking for them.