PDA

View Full Version : Open Water Swims in Wisconsin Aug 2005

Maryyyyyy
April 13th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Anyone know of any open waters swims in Wisconsin during August 2005? I'll be attending a family wedding in Madison on August 8th, and if I don't get my fins wet at least once amongst those of my kind while I'm there, I may, or rather most certainly, will go crazy!!

Thanks!
Mary

Maryyyyyy
April 26th, 2005, 01:26 PM
guess there aren't any... huh?

oh well, I'll go to the pool then, all alone... :(

strong440
April 26th, 2005, 09:10 PM
hey, Maryyyyyy
There is supposed to be a great swim at Amy Belle Lake on July 16th. If it fits your schedule contact Wisconsin LMSC officials for information.

Maryyyyyy
April 27th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks, Strong!

I won't be getting in until August 4th.

I'll just have to throw myself in Lake Menona during the reception! :cool:

dpflyer
April 27th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Maryyyyyy - I'm the Chair for Wisconsin. I can assure you that we will be having a sanctioned USMS Open Water Swim in August. This will be our 3rd Annual Madison Open Water Swim.
We just don't have a firm date yet. I'm guessing it will be Aug 20 or 27. The meet director is Peter Maternowski mater@chorus.net
The swim takes place in Lake Mendota on the north side off of Governor Nelson State Park, which is on the other side of the lake from the University of Wisconsin. We offer a 1.5 or 3.0 mile swim. I hope the timing works out for you! We'd love to see you in the water!

Maryyyyyy
April 28th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Wow! Thanks Dick!
Unfortunately, I'll only be around until August 15th (the wedding is on the 6th)...
But, I'll stay in touch, just in case.
Cheers!
Mary

Maryyyyyy
August 4th, 2005, 10:18 PM
I'm in Madison now.... Lake Mendota is looking so inviting, I may just have to dive in on Saturday during the picnic they're holding after the morning wedding.

It's hard to see so much water around and not just jump in!

I think I'll go take a dip in the hotel's jacuzzi....