PDA

View Full Version : Excercise and diet

Rangamal
July 16th, 2002, 12:22 AM
Hi All,

I'm 10 years old male swimmer.

I finished my 50m free style race in 34 secs. and 100m free style in 1 min 19 secs.
I finished butterfly stroke 50m in 39 secs.

I want to improve my speeds in all styles.

What is the diet/meal plan and excercise series i should follow to improve my speed?

Thanks.
Rangamal

Rob Copeland
July 16th, 2002, 09:00 AM
The easy part of your question is “what exercise series i should follow to improve my speed?” – You should follow the exercise plan that your coach gives you. Your swim team coach is the best person to work with you on all parts of your swimming improvement. Listen and follow the coaches advice. I would also suggest that you meet with your coach one-on-one to set your swimming goals. Figure if you want to get USA-Swimming A, AA, AAA, … times and let your coach know that you want to work hard to achieve those goals.

And, be patient – it takes time to reach your goals. If one of your goals is to be an Olympic swimmer, then you will probably have 8 to 12 years of work ahead of you. So, also have small goals so you can see progress.

As for diet, at 10, eat healthy well balanced meals. The goal here is to be more concerned with your growth over the next 8 to 10 years, rather than diets focused on immediate growth or results.

Congratulations on the good times and keep swimming!