PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Therapy Breakthrough

scyfreestyler
May 11th, 2005, 02:03 PM
So last Saturday I undertook a major (for me anyhow) home improvement project that involved painting our living room, dining room, and hallway as well as ripping out the carpet, padding, tack strips, baseboards, and staples from the same areas. Once the carpet was out a few friends and I installed new laminate flooring. Amazingly after all of this work (spanning over the weekend and Monday and Tuesday night), my shoulders feel better than they have in a long time. My back hurts from moving furniture but that I can deal with. I still have to install new baseboards and paint our doors but I think I will go swim tonight and enjoy my pain free shoulders.

Heidi
May 11th, 2005, 02:35 PM
WOW, that's an impressive undertaking!

I crashed on my mountain bike last night..landed on my right shoulder. This mornings swim did it good though. It really felt like it stretched it out and worked the heavy bruised feeling out.

Good luck!

ps - I have some flowers to plant if you want to do that too!

scyfreestyler
May 11th, 2005, 02:51 PM
I have a bit of yardwork to do myself but my get up and go got up and went. My ambition is in short supply right now so I am going to give myself a few days off.

Leonard Jansen
May 11th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by 330man
So last Saturday I undertook a major (for me anyhow) home improvement project <snip>. Amazingly after all of this work (spanning over the weekend and Monday and Tuesday night), my shoulders feel better than they have in a long time.

Nice guy that I am, if you'd like, you can come over and help me with my remodeling so your shoulders will stay pain-free. Currently installing a shower stall in the bathroom, wainscotting on the walls, new fixtures, etc.

No need to thank me; just trying to help...

-LBJ

scyfreestyler
May 11th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Leonard Jansen
Nice guy that I am, if you'd like, you can come over and help me with my remodeling so your shoulders will stay pain-free. Currently installing a shower stall in the bathroom, wainscotting on the walls, new fixtures, etc.

No need to thank me; just trying to help...

-LBJ Does this offer include airfare? Might make for an interestig vacation, although not one that my wife and kids would probably enjoy!! Good luck on your projects. What is wainscotting? Some sort of texturing?

kristilynn
May 11th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Wainscotting is the decorative trim that goes part way up the wall from the bottom. Now that I've actually seen the word written down I think that I've been pronouncing it wrong. I've always said, "wainscoating." Oops!

Alicat
May 12th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by kristilynn
Wainscotting is the decorative trim that goes part way up the wall from the bottom. Now that I've actually seen the word written down I think that I've been pronouncing it wrong. I've always said, "wainscoating." Oops!

Yea, it looks like wall paneling, I prefer the 1 inch wide repeating myself. Great for hiding a multitude of sins on the drywall! :D

Alex
May 12th, 2005, 01:48 PM
I have this sore shoulder since last week, I think I did not stretch it enough before I got into the pool, I have being doing different thinks to alleviate the pain (massages, medical creames, stretching exercises) but I think none is working.

At the evening when I got home I do not feel desire to do anything but lay down, I really do not think that doing home improvement will do anything good to my shoulder either.

Its any doctor in the room??:(