PDA

View Full Version : USA Swimming Message Board

ande
May 12th, 2005, 10:21 AM
any one participate on the USA Swimming Message Board?

http://web.usaswimming.org/usasweb/usasmodules/MessageBoard2000/Pages/MB2_Index.aspx

I haven't yet but
ours seems much nicer

ande

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 12th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Not only more intersting but also older. I think many entrants are age groupers, at least that's been my experience.

Seagurl51
May 12th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Yea, ours is much more interesting. They don't have aliens, or islands, or fat ripples, or anything cool like that.

SwiminONandON
May 12th, 2005, 12:43 PM
But I like totally like talking about how like totally awesome Brendan Hansen is!

;)

SwiminONandON
May 12th, 2005, 12:44 PM
lol, Kyra ... yes, the aliens, fat ripples, soap opera saga, deserted island, annoying co-workers (yes, we are so old we work), etc. Make this board FAR superior ...

jswim
May 12th, 2005, 01:27 PM
I just took a short look at it.. I like the set-up, but I agree, I like ours better.

We ROCK!;)

ande
May 12th, 2005, 02:50 PM
like OMG
doesn't he like
just get you all like
crunk like

Originally posted by SwiminONandON
But I like totally like talking about how like totally awesome Brendan Hansen is!
;)

SwiminONandON
May 12th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Word, Ande! ;)

newmastersswimmer
May 12th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Word up!.....Word to your mother!

newmastersswimmer

p.s. Brandon is dreamy though isn't he!!......I have been gone for a few days and now there's so much more than just a soap opera......what is the "Island" and the "Aliens" about anyway??....I guess I have a lot of reading to do to get caught up?

SwiminONandON
May 12th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Yes, Jim, Kyra and I (and Karen) have run a muck! We now have island, there's been Aliens for awhile now, too ...

Ande, lol, a whole nother side of you is emerging ... love it! And Brendan Hansen is like totally cute, but he's no Ian Crocker, and Ian Crocker is totally like super hot, but he's like no Aaron Peirsol ... like totally!

ande
May 12th, 2005, 04:41 PM
so the hotness sequence is
1 aaron
2 ian
3 brendan
want me to tell them for you?

Heather's got the hots for you

now which side are you referring to
glad you love it

ande

Yes, Jim, Kyra and I (and Karen) have run a muck! We now have island, there's been Aliens for awhile now, too ...

Ande, lol, a whole nother side of you is emerging ... love it! And Brendan Hansen is like totally cute, but he's no Ian Crocker, and Ian Crocker is totally like super hot, but he's like no Aaron Peirsol ... like totally!

SwiminONandON
May 12th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Sure that works, you can pass along the hottness points and my phone number ;)

I like this silly side, didn't realize you could be silly ... love silly!

Fishgrrl
May 12th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Dudes!!! Inge DeBrujin(sp?) is totally hot!!

Um...and what about Lenny???? Hello!!!!!

SwiminONandON
May 12th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Yeah, Lenny is smokin', too ... hmmm ... darn it Kari! Must rethink hottness points now!

ande
May 12th, 2005, 04:53 PM
inky has a everthing a man would ever desire
bulging muscles and the ability to grow a mustache.

I stood next to her at a meet. she is strong!

amanda and natalie float my boat just fine
then theres summer and dara
and what about chrissy ahman leighton who used to swim for arizona

ande

Originally posted by Fishgrrl
Dudes!!! Inge DeBrujin(sp?) is totally hot!!

Um...and what about Lenny???? Hello!!!!!

SwiminONandON
May 12th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Ok, that was me ranking the Texas boys ... love em'!

Lenny is way hot though ... but as a USC boy he's in another category ...

The women I think are good-looking ... Summer, Amanda is beautiful, even prettier in person, Natalie is adorable ... Inky seems a bit masculine, but she is pretty too ... The Kirk girls are pretty, too ...

hrietz
May 12th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by ande
any one participate on the USA Swimming Message Board?

http://web.usaswimming.org/usasweb/usasmodules/MessageBoard2000/Pages/MB2_Index.aspx

I haven't yet but
ours seems much nicer

ande

I find it interesting. I like reading about the international swimming scene and why they think who is going to break what record, etc. I think that ours has a better lay out...

Seagurl51
May 12th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I can't believe you guys forgot Michael! Completely agree with the others though. It must be something about the water in Texas.

And what about Kaitlin? She's really pretty too. I'm always amazed that she gets all her hair into one cap. And of course you can't forget Jenny.

Agreed Heather, they all look better in person (granted I can only speak for 3 but still)

hrietz
May 12th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Ok, that was me ranking the Texas boys ... love em'!

Lenny is way hot though ... but as a USC boy he's in another category ...

The women I think are good-looking ... Summer, Amanda is beautiful, even prettier in person, Natalie is adorable ... Inky seems a bit masculine, but she is pretty too ... The Kirk girls are pretty, too ...

I'm not sure that I would classify Inky as a "woman"...Being an "older" woman I still have the hots for Biondi and Steve Lundquist (well at least for the way they looked in 1988 and 1984 respectively)...Of the current guys I'll take Lenny.

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 14th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by ande
inky has a everthing a man would ever desire
bulging muscles and the ability to grow a mustache.

I stood next to her at a meet. she is strong!

amanda and natalie float my boat just fine
then theres summer and dara
and what about chrissy ahman leighton who used to swim for arizona

ande
I saw Inge when she was training in the US. She did some sets with sweatshirt, blue jeans and tennis shoes. that's how she got her muscles.

Swimmer Bill
May 14th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com
I saw Inge when she was training in the US. She did some sets with sweatshirt, blue jeans and tennis shoes. that's how she got her muscles.

I beg to differ on that point. I coached the Masters group at the same facility where Coach Paul Bergen was training Inky, and they rarely did that. I observed the group's progress for 30 months starting in September, 1998, and going through the Sydney Olympics. The female swimmers in Bergen's program typically swim with tank T-shirts under their suits. They sometimes swim with sneakers, but not as often. They barely ever swim with sweatshirts and blue jeans.

Personally, I feel Inky's incredible dryland routine has everything to do with her physique. Coach Paul Bergen is well known for his challenging and creative approach to swim training, technique, and dryland. The dryland routine includes a fair amount of rope climbing, and a healthy dose of running.

Side note: In 2000, very few people understood why Inky improved so dramatically, and they drew all kinds of conclusions. Even though I worked at the same pool and saw most of the swim sessions, I was skeptical, too.

I hadn't visited any of the group's dryland training sessions until last summer, when I was writing a feature for Swimming Technique about Windmill Freestyle. At that point, I learned a lot more about the type of dryland training she had done, along with the incredible technical developments in her freestyle and butterfly. Not only was it a lot easier to see why she became so fit, but it erased any doubts in my mind about how she achieved her success -- legitimately -- through hard work and technical innovation.

IMHO, some of the comments in this forum, and elsewhere, are terribly misinformed and unfair.

gull
May 14th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Swimmer Bill
IMHO, some of the comments in this forum, and elsewhere, are terribly misinformed and unfair.

I find it ironic that Amy van Dyken, who essentially accused Inge of steroid abuse after losing to her in Sydney (saying in an interview somthing to the effect that she could have won too if she were a man), was called to testify before the grand jury in the BALCO case. Her testimony remains sealed (as was Giambi's and Bonds's at one time).