PDA

View Full Version : On-line entries

swimshark
May 12th, 2005, 12:30 PM
My LMSC is looking into offering on-line entries for meets. Does anyone out there have an experience with any of the companies that do this and if so, who are they and what do you think of their services.

Thanks.

tjrpatt
May 12th, 2005, 03:34 PM
That will be cool when you pay your entries fees online so you can use credit card.

Conniekat8
May 12th, 2005, 03:48 PM
We did our own last year for the zone meet.
Off of our website with help of MySQL and PHP, and signed up with Paypal to do credit card processing. It worked pretty well.
First 2-3 meets you'll always have to account for needing to iron out some glitches as you go.

We never tried companies that do the online entries for you, although, my coach does accept various non-meet related signups on Active.com, and I maintain and them. Works pretty well.

swimshark
May 14th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I will check into these things for our next board meeting.

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 16th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I just looked t the USA rowing site. They hhave online entry. I used to row a long time ago and am getting interested again. they have become what seems to me to be very expensive for their membership -$65. for an individual. then you add events and everything else.

Does anyone know if online entries have caused any addition to expense with swimming?

Kevin in MD
May 16th, 2005, 02:42 PM
If you simply want meet sign up, then there are several companies that will do it for you.

Any local 5k race director will be able to help you get thwm.

I am familiar with www.lin-mark.com, they do registration for our club. There is also www.active.com and www.timberlinetiming.com. They will charge 3% or so and send you an email with an attachment of all the people signed up. They also process the payments and you simply get a check in the mail.

Pretty easy stuff.