PDA

View Full Version : "The Apprentice" tonight

scyfreestyler
May 12th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Be sure to watch tonight as there will be a star studded cast of Olympians, mostly swimmers, taking part in the episode. Coughlin, Beard, Sandeno, Phelps, Crocker, and Krayzelburg just to name a few. I personally think that Trump is a pompous ass but I will watch tonight to see some of my heroes on TV.

jswim
May 12th, 2005, 06:03 PM
ooooh, I'd like to see it, but I've got swimming.. go figure..

Let me know how it turns out!...

ps.. I share your view of Trump.. The first time I saw that show I realized he has some serious "bully" issues.. must not have much self esteem or something..:(

tjrpatt
May 12th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Check out the repeat on CNBC Friday and sometime next week. I have to say that I will check out that eposide tonight since I don't have practice tonight.

Seagurl51
May 12th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I'm so completely, utterly and totally involved in that show, there's no way I would miss it.

Go Tana!!

hrietz
May 12th, 2005, 10:09 PM
I think that the swimming involved approximately 3.34 seconds of the show. I did see Phelps, Lindsay Benko, Rowdy and Kaitlin Sandeno though...

tjrpatt
May 12th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I saw the Apprentice. The swimmers weren't in it enough but the track people had their spotlight obviously. The people of New York City don't need the Olympics in their city. They have enough to deal with. From what I hear, traffic is a nightware if a marathon is going on the city.

scyfreestyler
May 13th, 2005, 11:09 AM
What a let down that was. A few seconds exposure for swimming but several minutes for track and field. I guess I should not really be surprised though.

Swimmer Bill
May 13th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I spotted Amanda Beard and Maritza Correia, too.

tjrpatt
May 13th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 330man
What a let down that was. A few seconds exposure for swimming but several minutes for track and field. I guess I should not really be surprised though.

I wasn't the only one thinking that. Focus on the swimmers since they are part of a doping scandal. You get a better rating when the camera are on Beard and Sandeno.

Sam Perry
May 13th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I saw Gary Hall's head standing next to Trump. How could you miss that??!!

waves101
May 16th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I've boycotted watching this show since the episode (I think last season) where Trump fired the overconfident guy when he relinquished his immunity before the vote. It was at that point I realized Trump didn't care about any of the contestants (in my opinion) and was just interested in TV ratings.

aquageek
May 16th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by waves101
and was just interested in TV ratings.

You mean to tell me that you belive this show is really about ratings and ad revenue? Wouldn't that be unusual in the land of TV these days?

gull
May 16th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Really--that's like the line from Casablanca: "Gambling? I'm shocked!"

Tom Ellison
May 16th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Trumps best line should be, "Please lay down, I think I love you....!"

jswim
May 16th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by waves101
I've boycotted watching this show since the episode (I think last season) where Trump fired the overconfident guy when he relinquished his immunity before the vote. It was at that point I realized Trump didn't care about any of the contestants (in my opinion) and was just interested in TV ratings.

holy crap!.. that's EXACTLY what I did!... I think that was the only episode I saw, but when he fired that guy, it was totally obvious that it wasn't about finding the best person for the business, you're totally right!.. I stopped watching after that as well! lol...

gull
May 16th, 2005, 11:35 AM
C'mon, that was pretty stupid to give up his immunity. It was a good call. He wouldn't have won anyway.

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 16th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Did anyone see Gary hall, Jr. on DLife on Sunday? It is a show on CNBC (I don't know if it is one of their programs or a paid advertisement). I think that it is a regular weekend feature of NBC's cable stations.

jswim
May 16th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by gull80
C'mon, that was pretty stupid to give up his immunity. It was a good call. He wouldn't have won anyway.

perhaps not, but the decision to fire him wasn't based on what would be best for business, it was obvious Trump did it cause he saw an opportunity to get ratings, which obviously means it's good for his own business, but still pretty silly I thought, considering the others in question had made obvious actually business mistakes..

just my two cents :rolleyes:

tjrpatt
May 16th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I saw part of the DLife show. I forgot that Gary has diabetes. Diabetes is a horrible disease to suffer from.

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 16th, 2005, 12:41 PM
I wanted to mention this but forgot. When I worked at the Smithsonian, I had a volunteer whose son & daughter-in-law went to real estate school with Donald & Ivana. they are still friends with Ivana but don't speak with Donald. It amazes me that some one who can be so bad at business can do so well.

Once I spoke withthe daughter-in-l;aw. She said thatdonald seemed to have a lot of trouble with basic math.

Fishgrrl
May 16th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Gary is one of my "heros". I respect him as an athlete and think about this - he had to train at an elite level while suffering from diabetes.

Gary rocks.

SwiminONandON
May 16th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I can't stand Gary's attitude, his ditching a required attendence night at the Olympics to chill on an island rather than be in the stands cheering for his teammates irks me ... not cool.

I do give him props for being a fantastic swimmer and training with diabetes. I've also heard he doesn't work very hard but is just phonmenally naturally talented ...

gull
May 16th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by SwiminONandON
I've also heard he doesn't work very hard but is just phonmenally naturally talented ...

Actually he trains very hard, including dryland work. At one point he was lifting so much weight on the lat pulldown that Mike Bottom was afraid it would be detrimental to his speed. And he has to adjust his insulin accordingly, which can be tricky under the circumstances.

SwiminONandON
May 16th, 2005, 04:02 PM
I have heard that he doesn't train as hard as the rest of the national team on a consistent basis, but I could be wrong. I'm sorry if I am ...