PDA

View Full Version : Party at Nationals?

Karen Duggan
May 17th, 2005, 02:18 PM
I know Friday and Saturday night we're doing team activities- dinner, etc.
Sunday will probably be lots of team drinking on the beach and dancing in the clubs nearby. Anybody want to come? I'd love to meet people. :) We're staying at the Radisson Bahia Mar if anybody's interested, or e-mail me here.

Fishgrrl
May 17th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Karen...I will be there in spirit. Good luck to you and the rest of the Walnut Creek Gang!

Please be sure to have AT LEAST 3 tequila shots on my behalf....

Oh guess what? I am going to have shoulder surgery. yeah - old running injury (spazzed out and tripped; landed on shoulder), so I probably won't be able to swim LC in SoCal BUT - worlds next year at Stanford, right??? Party down.

I still want to stop by for a Sat. workout at Walnut Creek!

Seagurl51
May 17th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Karen...sadly I'm stuck in Idaho. But next year when worlds come around...watch out! Best of Luck to everyone!!!

Kari!! I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder! Good Luck with your surgery and best of luck for a speedy recovery.

Karen Duggan
May 17th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Duh, Kari, why were you running on your shoulder? We have feet ya know :p

knelson
May 17th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Sounds fun, but unfortunately I'm leaving Sunday afternoon :(

On a similar note, anyone going to be around during the 1650 that can count for me? One of the negatives of swimming distance is having to beg for a counter all the time :D

born2fly
May 17th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Don't know ya but also not one to pass up a party. Im staying over 3 extra days to get a little R&R. Just tell me when and I will mozy on down the beach from holiday inn to the party.

Good luck to everyone this week at Nats,
Greg Edmondson

matysekj
May 17th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Most of us from Niagara are staying at the Bahia Mar also. I'm sure we'll see you there, and there should be plenty going on Sunday night.

mbmg3282
May 17th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Karen,

Will this party be anything like the Sunday night party on the beach the last time nationals were held in Fort Lauderdale?

Karen Duggan
May 17th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Uh, hem, to what are you referring to Mr. Gill? (she says coyly) :)

You will need to be more specific...

Scansy
May 17th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Fishgrrl
Karen...I will be there in spirit. Good luck to you and the rest of the Walnut Creek Gang!

Please be sure to have AT LEAST 3 tequila shots on my behalf....

Oh guess what? I am going to have shoulder surgery. yeah - old running injury (spazzed out and tripped; landed on shoulder), so I probably won't be able to swim LC in SoCal BUT - worlds next year at Stanford, right??? Party down.

I still want to stop by for a Sat. workout at Walnut Creek!

Gee Karen, looks like you are going to be really drunk on Sunday.... I want you to do three shots for me too. Then there are your own shots.....:D

mbmg3282
May 17th, 2005, 10:36 PM
My recollection was a bunch of people running into the water and chicken fights. Ring a bell?

Karen Duggan
May 18th, 2005, 12:32 AM
I confess! I confess! Tell me you weren't there!

We drank A LOT of Long Island Iced Teas, ate BBQ on the beach, got naked, had chicken fights in the Atlantic. Then we all went, well staggered, back to the hotel, showered and then went dancing until about 4 am. I think there were about 20 of us all dancing together. It was so much fun. :)

I WILL NOT be naked this year- I'm 30 pounds heavier than I was in 1995! Hmm, you think that's why I'm swimming slower? Could be ;)

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Karen three shots for me too!

Xenadiva
May 18th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Yonkers Masters will be at the Radisson Bahia Mar. We're leaving Sunday afternoon though.....
:(

Conniekat8
May 18th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Speaking of partying at nationals... Long Course in August
We're trying to pull off an 'official post meet get together spot' for each day after our nationals.... Get restaurants to give us discount for it too.
I'm hoping the coupon for each will be included in the meet program...

Now I just have to get busy and make deals with the restaurants!