PDA

View Full Version : Back to the funness!

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 01:02 PM
If you had one week (and an unlimited amount of money) what would you do, where would you go, who would take, etc. (After this one perfect week your life simply returns to normal)

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Alright I'll start ... I'd go to Italy and Greece, and hit up the Greek Isles and pit stop in Australia and New Zealand I'd take along my friends (their boyfriends/fiances/husbands must stay at home), I'd bring Kyra so we could "shop for men", I'd bring Karen and Kari (so I know I'd laugh the whole time) we'd eat LOTS of good food, drink lots of good drinks, get fantastic tans, do a bit of surfing and flirt with a lot of hot foreign men ...

Karen Duggan
May 18th, 2005, 02:06 PM
With family: I'd obviously not work and we too would travel anywhere and everywhere (with no thought for American safety)!

Without family: who cares! But if I could go with friends, I'd go to Europe, drink and laugh a lot. (of course most of the people on this forum could come)

I say that a week is not enough!

Here's my wacky idea. I put it up there with my swimming community! OK, here it is:

When we're born, we all have food, shelter, money, etc. provided for us. We get to really live for the first 40 years of our lives (party, play, travel, go to school still, etc.) Then, on our 40th birthday we have to start working and take on all of the adult responsibilities.

It seems when you're old enough to retire you aren't always able to physically do what you would have liked to when you were younger... ahh, the ravings of a madwoman. Lock her up! :p

fatboy
May 18th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Karen,

you just solved the social security problem.!!

Many of us wouldn't make it to 40, let alone retirement age with that much time and money to party with as teenagers!

Karen Duggan
May 18th, 2005, 02:11 PM
I'm here for the people! :p

Conniekat8
May 18th, 2005, 02:15 PM
I want a year, not just one week.
With a year of time, now there's some things you can get done in that time.

First I'd get a piece of land and start having a house built...
Then I would take my boyfriend and go on a 6 months trip around the world. By the time we got back, the house would be done!!!!
The other 6 months we'd play by ear.

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Karen, I have been a firm believer for years that you should "retire" first and work later ... by the time one retires they are typically too old to enjoy it... party on dudes!

Leonard Jansen
May 18th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Conniekat8
Then I would take my boyfriend and go on a 6 months trip around the world. By the time we got back, the house would be done!!!!

Clearly, you've watched too much Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. With most contractors, you need to hold their families at gunpoint to get that kind of response. I've had them take that long just to get me a quote.

-LBJ

nkace
May 18th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I would have to say that Switerland & Italy are my next European countries to visit. I would hopefully take a significant other if I had one but if not, friends...

Karen Duggan
May 18th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Heather,

Speaking of significant. I think Aaron is rather significant, don't you? Perhaps you could woo him with a trip around the world? :p

We'll take up a collection here to pay for it.

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Sweet, your on ... might be best to wait until after Worlds (his not mine) that should give everyone time to generously donate!

Conniekat8
May 18th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Leonard Jansen
Clearly, you've watched too much Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. With most contractors, you need to hold their families at gunpoint to get that kind of response. I've had them take that long just to get me a quote.

-LBJ

I are an engineer in land development.... I got me some sneaky ways to make my contractors hop hop hop around faster then they ever thought they could ;)

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Ok, a year ... now that changes things ...

Hmmm ...

Karen Duggan
May 18th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Baby Aaron's :p Yipppeeeeeeee!

(Sorry, rumor mill's abuzz...)

Just kidding :p

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 03:45 PM
lol ... Karen, you are too much!

Karen Duggan
May 18th, 2005, 03:46 PM
WHAAAAT? :p

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Isn't there a kernel of truth to every rumor ... oh how I wish!

Gil
May 18th, 2005, 05:18 PM
A retiree speaks. Yes, it is fun as we are in excellent health. Our routine. Six months on Long Island with friends and family. Three months in Florida in a condo right on the beach. Three months in Oregon in a condo on a lake living it up with family and grandchildren. Still going strong after 56 years of marriage (to the same person) . Wish us luck as we aim for at least another 25!!

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 05:19 PM
That is awesome, you are my hero! That's the life Aaron and I plan to enjoy one day ... :D

Seagurl51
May 18th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Ok are you ready for this? Just to warn you I have a vivid imagination.

Well..... I would start in Boston where I would pre-pay my way through Emerson college so I can actually go this time. Then I would go NYC, 5th Avenue to be exact, and drop a crap load of money on fancy clothes. Then hop on over to Tiffany and do it again. Then it's off to Michigan to pick up Michael, down to Texas to get Aaron and Heather (Congrats on the wedding), make a quick stop in California to get Kari and Karen (and whom so ever they choose to bring), then up to Seattle just cuz it's cool. From they we would fly over to Hawaii, then to Guam, then down to Austrailla and New Zealand. Then head down to Antartica to chill (pun intended) with the penquins. After that frosty adventure head back up to the tropics like Fiji, Tahiti, Thailand (maybe do some aid work...that sounds like fun to me), Milan, and such, then head over to a quick stop in Africa at Egypt. From there, head to Monte Carlo (because that's where the young, rich, and fabulous hang out and seeing as we're all these things we should stop and grace them with our presence), head to the Alps for some skiing, Switzerland for chocolate and watches, then work our way around France. Take the chunnel from our last stop (Paris) to London. Go bashing around the UK a bit with my buddy Andrew and then make our way back to the states to sleep it off.

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Hey, I'm in ...

Seagurl51
May 18th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Sweet...when do we leave!?

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 05:34 PM
I could be ready in less than an hour ...

Seagurl51
May 18th, 2005, 05:40 PM
You're so on!

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 05:42 PM
How does every thread now involve Aaron and I getting married or similar, not complaining, just finding it humerous ...

Seagurl51
May 18th, 2005, 05:45 PM
It has wealsed it's way into quite a few of them hasn't it? That must mean it's your fate to be with me....obviously we all think so, and we're cool so you should listen to us.:rolleyes:

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 05:47 PM
hmmm ... for some reason I don't think I am the one that needs convincing ...

Seagurl51
May 18th, 2005, 05:49 PM
That is a minor detail!! When you show up looking super fly, he'll forget about anything and everything else he had going on.

Karen Duggan
May 18th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I'm in. Who else shall we pick up along the way?

Moose, Scansy, Swimmer Bill, gull, connie (that will keep her from posting for awhile!)...

SwiminONandON
May 18th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I think the list of people not going would be far shorter, in fact I can only think of one person ... hmmm ... man, I'm so mean!

Karen Duggan
May 18th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Careful, I can only be sent to my room so many times in one day! I do like Hugh, though. He seems very on top of things and has a sense of humor :) He made his point with humor.

Scansy
May 18th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Hey wait, here's my way to spend the week with a boatload of money.

Send me to a remote part of Alaska - with my fishing rod! I have been to the southern part of Alaska where there are actually people. I always wanted to go to someplace like Prudhoe Bay (the very north shore of Alaska).

Seagurl51
May 18th, 2005, 06:31 PM
We could just mash all our ideas together, quit our jobs, and go on one huge forum field trip......before coming back and settling into our newly made swim community (finished in record time thanks to Connie and her minions!)

Punk
May 18th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Even if I only had one day and unlimited money I'd still be set for life. I'd put 2 million in one account, 5 million in another. I'd buy a car (can't drive yet but that wouldn't stop me, I'd bribe my way out of court). I'd buy a house and an amusment park. I'd design it really and put all the money for the paychecks in yet another account so the crew could start building. I would buy tickets for a cruise in the most luxurious cruise ship in the world. Then I'd buy the most awsome sound system ever for my new house and throw a party. Beer for everyone!!! Free. Really.

Leonard Jansen
May 19th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Punk
I'd buy a house and an amusment park.

Ahhh... sounds like you are Michael Jackson posting under an alias.

-LBJ

Mark in MD
May 19th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Seagurl51
Ok are you ready for this? Just to warn you I have a vivid imagination ... Could I be your valet for that excursion? :D

Karen Duggan
May 25th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Mark, you are no one's valet!

Seagurl51
May 25th, 2005, 04:32 PM
You can come with us though. We're leaving soon, so start packing!