PDA

View Full Version : somewhat swimming related

ande
May 25th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Did you see paris hilton's new Carl's JR Spicy BBQ burger commercial?

It's somewhat swimming related,
she's wearing a swim suit and there's water
you can see it at:

http://www.spicyparis.com

Ande

scyfreestyler
May 25th, 2005, 12:38 PM
What a loser. Her parents own a prestigious hotel business and she decides to make her living being a slut. I should feel sorry for her but instead I just point and laugh.

Fishgrrl
May 25th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I think she looks fantastic. Cute suit.

I just want to know how many takes there were and just how many burgers she had to eat!

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 12:45 PM
I doubt she eats ...

Fishgrrl
May 25th, 2005, 12:50 PM
330man:

Probably because you're jealous.

scyfreestyler
May 25th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Fishgrrl
330man:

Probably because you're jealous. Oh man, you busted me! I have always wanted to have a video of me having sex broadcast across the internet.

Fishgrrl
May 25th, 2005, 12:55 PM

LOL! ;)

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 12:58 PM
I don't get the Paris Hilton fascination ... I think she looks like an alien, and she's dumb as box of rocks. However, I wouldn't mind having her money ...

geochuck
May 25th, 2005, 01:01 PM
My wife told me to get the car washed. Which car was does she work at. I'll take the car in today and get it done.

Seagurl51
May 25th, 2005, 01:02 PM
From an advertisers stand point, that is a great commercial. That is definately going to hit there target market hard, though I think some of the message gets lost in the overall commercial content (I thought it was a car commercial), but now's the time to buy stock in that company.

From a swimmer's standpoint.....ummmm..yea. What I want to know is why you're looking at stuff like that Ande?;) :p

edit: (Im going to do a mini-study...would you help me out)Men how did you like that commercial? Are you tempted to go and buy a burger or get the car washed? Seriously I would like to know (I'm an advertising student), so if you dont' mind please PM me.

Tom Ellison
May 25th, 2005, 01:03 PM
and she's dumb as box of rocks.

Many think that...I for one think she is smart as a fox.....and has made millions off her bad girl nonsense.....She sure as heck is NOT the girl next door....

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 01:06 PM
REALLY?! hmm ... she's made money off of the fact that she's dumb and some think hot.

geochuck
Hey Tom do you think she takes anabolic steroids?

scyfreestyler
She looks like an alien!! LOL! She does have a bizarre looking face, that is for sure.

Karen Duggan
She reminds me of Tori Spelling. Both are extremely wealthy, but not attractive at all (face anyway).
I think Paris sees everything as just a game... that's the impression I get. She sure doesn't do anything for the money. I think it's entertaining for her...

knelson
May 25th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I don't know if it's going to make me buy a burger, but I like the commercial! Let me paraphrase Paris: "It's hot."

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I've heard she gets like $100,000.00 a month as an allowance from her parents ...

I think she looks like an alien, too ...

I also think she has a good team behind her ....

And I love burgers!

I think Jessica Simpson is smarter than people think, though.

geochuck
May 25th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Seagurl51
edit: (Im going to do a mini-study...would you help me out)Men how did you like that commercial? Are you tempted to go and buy a burger or get the car washed? Seriously I would like to know (I'm an advertising student), so if you dont' mind please PM me.
No Hamburger, it gets me to want to go get my car washed - by Paris.

knelson
May 25th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by SwiminONandON
I've heard she gets like $100,000.00 a month as an allowance from her parents ...

She's in movies, she has a TV show, commercials, etc. I highly doubt she needs an allowance from her parents.

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Kyra, you crack me up ... come be an advertising student in Chicago! ;) (or NorCal)

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Which makes it all the sadder that she has one ... she lives in a house in LA her parents bought for her and she came home once and had no electricity b/c she like didn't know you had to pay the bill ... AND worst of all she admitted all of this on Oprah! It takes a long time of not paying a bill before they cut off the electricity!

scyfreestyler
May 25th, 2005, 01:19 PM

I think she looks like an alien, too ...

I also think she has a good team behind her ....

And I love burgers!

I think Jessica Simpson is smarter than people think, though.

Jessica Sipmson is another story all together. I agree that she is smarter than people think but she has two things that Paris lacks, self respect and talent. Actually, make that three things, Jessica is FAR better looking.

Seagurl51
May 25th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Kyra, you crack me up ... come be an advertising student in Chicago! ;) (or NorCal)

You're treat right? I was thinking about coming to Chicago for school, it is the bastion of advertising after all. You just need to come to Idaho...(don't see Napolean Dynamite if you haven't because then you won't want to come).

As far as advertising, I still think it will be a successful campaign, but I think they are killing themselves slightly. Vampyre creativity~~when the ad is more memorable than the product being sold or the ad takes away from the advertisers message. So far you all have confirmed, that's exactly was going on. In case you were wondering, and thanx for the feedback.

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Me in Idaho ... hahaha ... No offense, I know parts of that state are beautiful, but I can't picture myself there ... I did see Napolean Dynomite and thought it was great, and if anything it made me want to go to Idaho more ... I need to be near a city with a population in excess of a million ...

Seagurl51
May 25th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Me in Idaho ... hahaha ... No offense, I know parts of that state are beautiful, but I can't picture myself there ... I did see Napolean Dynomite and thought it was great, and if anything it made me want to go to Idaho more ... I need to be near a city with a population in excess of a million ...

Well in that case, come on down! I live about 45 minutes away from where it was filmed and the scenery is exactly the same. I can even show you the places where they shot it.

As for the pretty parts, that's the northern part in the pan handle(where I'm going to school next year) It's gorgeous. Lake Pend Oreille (sp) is a great place for open water swimming.

No worries about offending anyone....I hate it too.

Tom Ellison
May 25th, 2005, 01:33 PM
George "Hey Tom do you think she takes anabolic steroids?

Naa, I think she takes anything in pants.....

ande
May 25th, 2005, 02:05 PM
What I want to know is why you're looking at stuff like that Ande?;) :p

some Austin DJ's were talking about it yesterday, so I watched it when I got home. I thought it would make great thread fodder.

The ad is definitely grabs attention, it's totally over the top,

we are bombarded with ads, to the point that we ignore them.
I don't think people will ignore this one.

a friend of mine wrote,
"Nobody has every bored anybody into buying anything."

Ande

From an advertisers stand point, that is a great commercial. That is definately going to hit there target market hard, though I think some of the message gets lost in the overall commercial content (I thought it was a car commercial), but now's the time to buy stock in that company.

From a swimmer's standpoint.....ummmm..yea. What I want to know is why you're looking at stuff like that Ande?;) :p

Conniekat8
May 25th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Guys are visual.
I don't think they need a girl to like OMG, actually talk, or talk intelligently to be attracted to her.
Sine when do guys like to 'talk' anyways??? ;)

Fishgrrl
May 25th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Talking is overrated.

High heels are not. Neither are beer and chicken wings, right guys??? ;)

Fishgrrl
May 25th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Speaking of visual...check out this website:

www.awfulplasticsurgery.com

LOL!!

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Kari, I'm with you on all accounts.

geochuck
May 25th, 2005, 02:27 PM
To be politically correct I cannot answer because I don't know how to answer properly.

To answer should I reply with Ladies? Women? Gals? Girls? Dolls? seeing you are calling the men Guys. I have even called the females Guys. I am confused, help me out. I look at Paris through guys eyes, I like to look at her...

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I am not at all easily offended ... I respond to them all ... I take no offense to any ...

Fishgrrl
May 25th, 2005, 02:33 PM
I'm with Keather. I have a habit of calling both sexes "guys" as in ..... "come on you guys!" Gals and Dolls are kind of old fashioned but I don't take offense to those terms.... including "babe"

:)

Conniekat8
May 25th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Waiddaminude, we're in a Paris Hilton thread and you're worried about politically correct?
[Scratching my head... it just doesn't add up]

I know, I know, you guys are always looking to figure out what to say so that the girls would like you, so you don't end up looking like a total cad.... but, we know which lane you're really swwimming in! :P

Conniekat8
May 25th, 2005, 02:45 PM
You mean guys can't read our minds? When we say You Guys to a mixed group, we mean something to the effect of, everyone.

When we're, um, razzing men, then guys means men, males, boys, guys, the other gender.

It's all in the context, you guys, if guys would actually hear what is being said, it would be pretty clear which guys are which!

;) :D :p [ducking and running] ;) :D :p

shoalsswimmer
May 25th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Paris Hilton, in my personal opinion, has very few redeeming qualities... I really don't understand how she has garnered so much attention.

She is not that attractive (there may be a hint of sexiness to her mannerisms), and dumb as a stump, but for some reason the current reality show blitzes have many people swept up into stardom who would otherwise be ignored.

Ever seen Strange Love with Flavor Flav and Bridgitte Nielson (weird!)?

Now Brittany and Kevin Fedrline have a show? Chaotic? Please help us!

It's tough not to catch some of this junk just out of shear morbid curiosity.

By the way...give me Brooke Burke washing that Bently anyday!!!

shoalsswimmer
May 25th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Though Brooke may be tied in with Burger King..."come and get it!"

geochuck
May 25th, 2005, 02:54 PM
To be honest I have never watched any reality shows, to me they are not really, reality.

Leonard Jansen
May 25th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Conniekat8
I know, I know, you guys are always looking to figure out what to say so that the girls would like you, so you don't end up looking like a total cad.... but, we know which lane you're really swwimming in! :P

Not really. This falls in the "Do you think she's prettier than me?" category - ANYTHING you say gets you in trouble. There are only 2 ways to deal with this, either:
1) Say nothing. Don't even react. Try not to breathe. Pray you'll have a heart attack and die.
2) Diss the other women completely: "That skank? She's got enough makeup on to paint all the revolutionary slogans on the walls in Tijuana." (Tip: No sarcasm allowed, eg: "That skank? Just because she's rich and thin and beautiful, why would any sane man want to tangle with that.")

Some of us have been married a LONG time and we have learned the hard way.

-LBJ

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 02:56 PM
I must confess I enjoy the Real World and The Real World Road Rules challenges ... other than not a big reality TV fan ...

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 02:58 PM
First of all why on God's green earth would a woman ask is she prettier than me? MORON! Get some self-confidence! Also does this make me look fat? The answer to that is always NO. As quickly as can possibly said. Do NOT hesitate!

But ladies, don't ask stupid things like that unless you are trying to pick a fight ...

Leonard Jansen
May 25th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Also does this make me look fat? The answer to that is always NO. As quickly as can possibly said. Do NOT hesitate!

What a pretty thing to believe. Here's the truth:
Does this make me look fat?
NO.
Are you sure?
YES.
How come you never said that before?
Said what?
That I wasn't fat.
I didn't think it needed to be said.
So you can take me for granted now.
I'm not taking you for granted.
Did you even tell Keather she was fat?
No, of course not, she's not fat.
Oh, so you've noticed that she's buff.
No, I mean yes. No. I mean, what does it matter?
Oh, so I don't matter any more?
What?
<...time passes...>
So I'm really really sorry that I always never said that you were fat and it will always never happen again.
<etc>

-LBJ

Conniekat8
May 25th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Leonard Jansen
Not really. This falls in the "Do you think she's prettier than me?" category - ANYTHING you say gets you in trouble. There are only 2 ways to deal with this, either:
1) Say nothing. Don't even react. Try not to breathe. Pray you'll have a heart attack and die.
2) Diss the other women completely: "That skank? She's got enough makeup on to paint all the revolutionary slogans on the walls in Tijuana." (Tip: No sarcasm allowed, eg: "That skank? Just because she's rich and thin and beautiful, why would any sane man want to tangle with that.")

Some of us have been married a LONG time and we have learned the hard way.

-LBJ

You guys, that one is really easy to answer.
Every girl wants to be your one and only princess... Just lie to us and tell us you were focusing on ME, and didn't even notice the other one.
And when we ask, do theese pants make me look fat... just say, sorry honey, I haven't noticed anything other than ... you're so beatiful, all the blood is gone out of my head.

scyfreestyler
May 25th, 2005, 03:25 PM
This reminds me of the TV commercial where a guy is reading a newspaper when his wife comes in and asks if a dress makes her look fat. His response? Absolutely. Had me rolling for a few minutes!!

Conniekat8
May 25th, 2005, 03:26 PM
What a pretty thing to believe. Here's the truth:
Does this make me look fat?
NO.
Are you sure?
YES.
How come you never said that before?
Said what?
That I wasn't fat.
I didn't think it needed to be said.

Strike ONE, you're better off digressing into giving her a compliment, saying, honey youre so beatiful, You and FAT never cross my mind as connected. I'm just your typical silly guy, not pointing out enough how beautiful you are, I should do that more.
Then come over and hug her.
Does this make me look fat is usually a fishning expedition for a compliment and some attention. Can't believe you guys haven't figured that one out. :rolleyes:

So you can take me for granted now.
I'm not taking you for granted.
Did you even tell Keather she was fat?
No, of course not, she's not fat.

Strike TWO, never admit to noticing another girl!!!
We know you notice, we just don't wanna know - ya know.

Oh, so you've noticed that she's buff.
No, I mean yes. No. I mean, what does it matter?
Oh, so I don't matter any more?
What?

By this point, you're in a deep doo doo, may as well open an account at Flowers.com
'
<...time passes...>
So I'm really really sorry that I always never said that you were fat and it will always never happen again.
<etc>
-LBJ

poolmonkey
May 25th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I just drop something breakable and let her call me a dumba**.

By the time I've cleaned it up, she's forgotten the question.

shoalsswimmer
May 25th, 2005, 03:32 PM
When she asks, "Does this dress make my butt look big?"

No, it's your butt that makes your butt look big! (that is a joke, I really do know all the right answers to these type questions ;)

Which brings me to another point... why do some women wear clothes that they have no business wearing. Like trying to stuff 10 lbs of potatoes into a 5 lb. sack. Men, I know are guilty of the same things. But...

I saw a fairly plus size lady in Wal Mart (that's where you'll usually see many a clothing faux pas) She had on a tube top and low rise jeans -
Looked like a can of bisquits that had popped open in the middle!!

Please, no one take me too seriously!

scyfreestyler
May 25th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by shoalsswimmer
When she asks, "Does this dress make my butt look big?"

No, it's your butt that makes your butt look big! (that is a joke, I really do know all the right answers to these type questions ;)

Which brings me to another point... why do some women wear clothes that they have no business wearing. Like trying to stuff 10 lbs of potatoes into a 5 lb. sack. Men, I know are guilty of the same things. But...

I saw a fairly plus size lady in Wal Mart (that's where you'll usually see many a clothing faux pas) She had on a tube top and low rise jeans -
Looked like a can of bisquits that had popped open in the middle!!

Please, no one take me too seriously!

I know of the people you are reffering to but I generally feel sorry for them. Being like that is a nightmare for me so I can only imagine what it must be like for them.

poolmonkey
May 25th, 2005, 03:46 PM

Yeah, I have the same problem with my speedo, but what's a guy to do... :D

Worse yet, I have a picture of some granny daisy dukes. Talk about not right.

And spandex.. BAD! VERY BAD!!!

Seriously, at the gym it doesn't bother me. If that's what motivates you, go for it. But in public places, just dress appropriately. I have plenty of big friends, but they don't walk around w/o a shirt. And I am a hairy b#$%&#d, so I try to stay clothed as much as possible. Nobody needs to see sasquatch boy either.

shoalsswimmer
May 25th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Hey Connie,

I've been busted many times "accidentally" looking in the direction of an attractive woman. My wife looks at me and I just smile. You know what I tell her? "There is no way I could love another woman as much as you and besides there is no way she can be as sexy and sweet as you!"

I have a cool wife - she tells me that she can appreciate a pretty woman and frequently point them out to me! I love her!

geochuck
May 25th, 2005, 04:09 PM
I've been busted many times "accidentally" looking in the direction of an attractive woman. My wife looks at me and I just smile. My wife says if you stop looking what good are you to me!

Conniekat8
May 25th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I don't mind it much when a guy looks, well, as long as it's a glance. I know guys look. Now if he waqs gawking or flirting with her, i'd think it's rude.

I explained this to one of my guy friends, it's not the looking or noticing other women that is really bothersome, it's when we feel neglected at home, and then see or catch you doing what seems like you spending your efforts elsewhere that becomes an issue.

You her enough about how guys want to spread it around, and how they'll get bored of you eventually etc.. Then when there's not attention or affection at home, and you see hi notice something or someoneelse that you think I guess it's that time.

Or, the way somew guys do it, you end up feeling like you have to compete with whatever else they're noticing.
Not all guys do that.

Like the comment you made, about appreciating your wife, well, when you know and feel secure that he's not out there looking with ulterior motives, then it's easy to notice and comment, cause you don't end up feeling threathened.

okay... how did this turn into a serious dating/relationship advice column all of a sudden ;)

shoalsswimmer
May 25th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Not my saying but...

It doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you eat at home.:D

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 04:33 PM
hahah ... my ex used to be obsessed with Britney Spears I used to call him when she would be on TV for something ... I had a crush on one of the Cubs players and he used to get really upset when we'd go to games and I'd say oh, he's playing. He'd get so pissy ... like I was going to run off with the player or something ... now Aaron Peirsol is another story ;)

Seagurl51
May 25th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Fishgrrl
Speaking of visual...check out this website:

www.awfulplasticsurgery.com

LOL!!

AAAHHHH!!!! Those are kinda scary (but I disagree with Natalie Portman she's adorable).

Seagurl51
May 25th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't even worry about calling girls "guys". I do it all the time. An easy way to avoid it is just call everyone Dude. I'm convinced that dude is the world's most versitile word. Not dudette though, that really bothers me for some reason. It's like the song:

"I'm a dude
He's a dude
She's a dude
We're all dudes..HEY!!"

Peter Cruise
May 25th, 2005, 04:48 PM
I think female swimmers are far more attractive than the Paris Hiltons of this world (and far smarter, even though one of the smart ones forgot to breathe in a 200 back, tee-hee).

Conniekat8
May 25th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Not my saying but...

It doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you eat at home.:D

Yeah, right, that makes it sound like eating at home is a consolation prize at best. Yuck. If that's the case, why bother cooking.

shoalsswimmer
May 25th, 2005, 05:03 PM
No doubt, Peter.

Many shapely fit female bodies at Nationals. Don't know about their smarts, but they all found their heats and lanes, A course and B course.

Could Paris do that? Seriously doubt it!

shoalsswimmer
May 25th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Connie,

Remember, that's not my saying.

I'd never do anything to jeopardize what I have - when trust is lost - it's usually pretty much over.

geochuck
May 25th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Paris is OK, a little missled, any one who says she is not beautiful has to be wrong. She is smart enough to make money, and she deserves better than most of the stuff said about her.

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 05:54 PM
lol ... I HATE when my opinions about what is beautiful are wrong! ;)

Peter Cruise
May 25th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I don't mean yours George

Scansy
May 25th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by poolmonkey
Yeah, I have the same problem with my speedo, but what's a guy to do... :D

Worse yet, I have a picture of some granny daisy dukes. Talk about not right.

And spandex.. BAD! VERY BAD!!!

Seriously, at the gym it doesn't bother me. If that's what motivates you, go for it. But in public places, just dress appropriately. I have plenty of big friends, but they don't walk around w/o a shirt. And I am a hairy b#$%&#d, so I try to stay clothed as much as possible. Nobody needs to see sasquatch boy either.

First, is your speedo problem up front or in back???

Second, why do you have granny daisy duke pictures??? That just aint right

As for Paris, I have to say that I have always thought she was overrated..... but that is one hot commercial. I think it would be even better with the US olympic women's swim team.... Heck it would be better with the "Writers of As the Swimming World Turns" team!

Karen Duggan
May 25th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Peter Cruise
I think female swimmers are far more attractive than the Paris Hiltons of this world (and far smarter, even though one of the smart ones forgot to breathe in a 200 back, tee-hee).

Heh, hem, cough cough. Sorry I had something stuck in my throat! I don't know, I don't think you can get any more stupid than to forget to do the most natural physiological function there is! :p

BTW, I thought your joke was funny (although I guess not appropriate for this audience). I'll repeat it :) My coworkers would find it funny.

geochuck
May 26th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Hey Ande

You did it! So many hits by swimmers the website crashed yesterday.

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 26th, 2005, 02:55 PM
I doubt she eats ...
I know a guy who was at a table next to her in LA. He said that she eats like a horse. He didn't notice if she went tot he bathroom after she ate, though. He said she had apps, two entrees and a huge piece of cake.

SwiminONandON
May 26th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I'd be SHOCKED if she always ate that much. It just doesn't seem possible for someone that thin to eat THAT much on a regular basis. But maybe she has a metabolism from GOD and can get away with it ... my guess is at least USUALLY watches what she eats.

SwiminONandON
May 26th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Just want to add that tone is not detectable on boards. Sometimes things that would be funny when spoken don't translate well to only the written form. It's hard to know when people are kidding or serious sometimes ...

geochuck
May 26th, 2005, 03:00 PM
I'd be SHOCKED if she always ate that much. It just doesn't seem possible for someone that thin to eat THAT much on a regular basis. But maybe she has a metabolism from GOD and can get away with it ... my guess is at least USUALLY watches what she eats. When I go to the car wash, I will ask her.

shoalsswimmer
May 26th, 2005, 03:14 PM
What's up with all the thin railed celebrities these days. Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Ritchie, Misha Barton - they are all becoming skeletons...and the list goes on.

I don't care to see where the humerus connects to the radius and ulna! Anyone else?

Don't these women know that men like meat; dogs like bones!

Karen Duggan
May 26th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Woof :)

I could feed a small cannibalistic country for a year! :p No bones about it!

SwiminONandON
May 26th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Skeltor was a cartoon, not a role model ... seriously it's gross ...

SwiminONandON
May 26th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Karen Duggan
Woof :)

I could feed a small cannibalistic country for a year! :p No bones about it!

Karen, I'll bet my right arm that isn't true.

knelson
May 26th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com
I know a guy who was at a table next to her in LA. He said that she eats like a horse. He didn't notice if she went tot he bathroom after she ate, though. He said she had apps, two entrees and a huge piece of cake.

Yeah, that was probably her meal for the week :)

Peter Cruise
May 26th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Don't know for sure, but often people with anorexic- bulimic type behaviors often "purge" after a big meal...
....not to be confused with some masters swimmers after a 1650 free...

SwiminONandON
May 26th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Actually bulimia and anorexia are more complicated than that. Typically people think of bulimics as bingers and purgers and anorexics as non-eaters. In reality usually someone with that type of eating disorder exhibits both behaviors. Bulmics tend not to be "anorexically" thin since many of the nutrients and calories are absorbed before they purge. Anorexia is defined more by weight than by eating habits as most anoreixs will binge and purge from time to time ... does that make sense?

Scansy
May 26th, 2005, 04:23 PM
One time in college I binged on beer. Then I purged. Does that make me a bulimic?

OK, it actually happened more than once.

Conniekat8
May 26th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Karen Duggan
Heh, hem, cough cough. Sorry I had something stuck in my throat! I don't know, I don't think you can get any more stupid than to forget to do the most natural physiological function there is! :p

I forget to breathe sometimes when I'm concentrating really hard....

Conniekat8
May 26th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Scansy
One time in college I binged on beer. Then I purged. Does that make me a bulimic?

When you said it only happened once, I felt bad for you, you goody-two-shoes!
Then I read the rest ;)

SwiminONandON
May 26th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Scansy

No that would be a sign of alcoholism ... or someone who knows how to have a good time ;) ... how many times did you SWEAR you'd never do it again?

On the whole not breathing thing... I did it in gymnastics, too. It was fine on bars and vault, on floor I'd be getting ready for my last tumbling pass gasping for air.

Karen maybe we are related!

Peter Cruise
May 26th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Maybe not breathing when concentrating really, really hard is a Special K function...perhaps, over the past few weeks the 'K's' have been keeling over at their computers whilst keeping up their prolific posting patter 'cause they forgot to breathe...

Seagurl51
May 26th, 2005, 04:57 PM
... how many times did you SWEAR you'd never do it again?
three:o

On the bulimia/anarexia thing, sometimes anoreixs don't eat and still purge. While Paris is very thin, I don't think she's anorexically thin. Now Lindsey Lohan and Nicole Richy, I would be worried about them, they are both looking gauntly as of late. I think it's important to remember too that these are as much mental diseases as they are physical and that young boys can be affected too. *stepping off my soap box*

poolmonkey
May 26th, 2005, 05:03 PM
What's the deal with Lindsey Lohan? I heard she was bleaching her skin and I saw a picture of her sometime recently and she had blonde hair.

She was so hot as a red head when she was just making a name for herself, but she's becoming freakish.

Seagurl51
May 26th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Maybe not breathing when concentrating really, really hard is a Special K function...

I sometimes hold my breathe when I'm thinking really hard when I'm frustrated (purely on purpose I assure you), but then I get even more frustrated when I start breathing again b/c I'm usually dizzy. Maybe I need to find a new tactic?:p

Seagurl51
May 26th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by poolmonkey
What's the deal with Lindsey Lohan? I heard she was bleaching her skin and I saw a picture of her sometime recently and she had blonde hair.

She was so hot as a red head when she was just making a name for herself, but she's becoming freakish.

I don't like her as a blonde. Especially after she made such a big deal about being a natural red head and never wanting to change that and blah blah blah.

Fishgrrl
May 26th, 2005, 05:06 PM
You know what hilarious? There's some stylist standing behind her saying..."yeah...you look really good....."

LOL! I'm in the wrong job.... ;)

Seagurl51
May 26th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Kari you can be my personal image consultant. I need some help bringing my inner goddess out into the open!;)

Fishgrrl
May 26th, 2005, 05:08 PM
She also got her lips injected - check her out on www.awfulplasticsurgery.com

Fishgrrl
May 26th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Kyra...we will begin by finding you the highest heels possible and I will teach you how to walk in them!

That inner goddess is just waiting to come out.....;)

SwiminONandON
May 26th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Lindsay Lohan looks disgusting as of late, very emaciated and that is NOT a good look ... the blond is terrible. She looks better with a little meat on her bones (really who doesn't) and as a red head... of course brunettes have the most fun! ;)

Kyra, let that goddess out!

SwiminONandON
May 26th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Who remembers this: "I'm good enough, I'm strong enough, and doggoneit people like me."

Seagurl51
May 26th, 2005, 05:16 PM
If you can teach me how to walk in heels, I would worship you forever. My 17 yr old brothers best friend can walk in heels better than I can. I forsee a shopping spree at worlds!

Agreed brunettes are the best!

Fishgrrl
May 26th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Uh...blondie over here...waving hands.....we have fun too - the rumors are true!! ;)

Great - a Special K shopping trip....this isn't limited to Special Ks either! Anyone is welcome. That and the cocktail hour...or hours....!!

I will teach you to walk in heels with a damn book on your head too!!

poolmonkey
May 26th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I believe in equal opportunity... brunettes, blondes, red heads... whatever floats your boat

But what do people see in collagen or botox? Every time I see an actress that just got her lips done or a botox injection, she looks ridiculous. Sometimes down right scary. I don't get it.

SwiminONandON
I like the shopping idea as well as the cocktail hourS idea ...

Seagurl51
Kari you're my hero.

Swimmy
May 26th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Are Seagurl's lessons with heels before, during, or after the cocktail hours? hahaha We don't want her to get injured!
Swimmy :)

geochuck
May 26th, 2005, 05:26 PM
My 17 yr old brothers best friend can walk in heels better than I can.
Just wondered is your brothers friend a girl or boy?

Fishgrrl
May 26th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Kyra girl...it's just experience...! We're all goddesses in the making..... (took me a while to get up the courage to blast my feet in heels....till the inner goddess took over....)

Rudy - duck lips look awful! Check out that website when you have a chance; it's hilarious.

Seriously though - I am really looking forward to meeting everyone on this board so if you're going to worlds in '06 let's make sure we all hook up. It's great putting a face with a name and meeting new friends in person. Parties galore!!

poolmonkey
May 26th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Are Seagurl's lessons with heels before, during, or after the cocktail hours? hahaha We don't want her to get injured!
Swimmy

Every time she slips, she has to drink. CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!

poolmonkey
May 26th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Fishgrrl -

That sight is hilarious. Sickening too. :eek: I can't believe these people do that to themselves. And they think it's attractive. There's obviously some serious drug usage going on. You'd have to be whacked out to think that that is attractive.

Fishgrrl
May 26th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Poolmonkey - I know!! I've been tempted myself to consume a few of those drugs...LOL! But then I'd be off to the surgeon's office to have my lips injected....scary....

Sounds like a fun drinking game...!! But lessons first...with a book...no slouching!!

Swimmy
May 26th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I forgot Seagurl is underage, so of course her lessons would not include alcohol. She is the designated driver.
Swimmy :)

Seagurl51
May 26th, 2005, 07:46 PM
George- my brother's friend is a boy....and my other friend (also a boy) can do the running man in heels whereas I can barely stand.

I'll get injured in heels without getting tipsy first. I tend to fall alot anyway, heels make it worse and when I'm tipsy I can't even sit in a chair without falling over. (pretend I didnt' just tell you that) I have almost twisted my ankle multiple times falling off flip-flops. (Kari you have your work cut out for you)

Thanks for reminding me about no slouching...I'll have to work on that so I can show so improvement at worlds before I begin serious training.:p

I have no problem with being the designated driver/babysitter. :D

Fishgrrl
May 26th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Kyra....we'll begin with platforms, which are a bit more stable...then move on to spikes. You'll do fine...

(now get those shoulders back!) ;)

Scansy
May 27th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Who remembers this: "I'm good enough, I'm strong enough, and doggoneit people like me."

SNL....

SwiminONandON
May 27th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Stewart Smally was great ... My all time favorite SNL skit was when we had Michael Jordan on ...

This is Michael J, I won't say his last name so he can remain annonymous.

Michael, do you ever lie in bed and night and think I'm just not good enough to play in the NBA.

Not really Stewart.

Michael, Da Nile ain't just a river in Egypt.

Michael look in the mirror and repeat after me, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggoneit people like me."

That skit ruled ...

Scansy
May 27th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Stewart Smally was great ... My all time favorite SNL skit was when we had Michael Jordan on ...

This is Michael J, I won't say his last name so he can remain annonymous.

Michael, do you ever lie in bed and night and think I'm just not good enough to play in the NBA.

Not really Stewart.

Michael, Da Nile ain't just a river in Egypt.

Michael look in the mirror and repeat after me, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggoneit people like me."

That skit ruled ...

Stewart asked - Michael, do you ever feel like everyone else around you is better than you.... HA. I remember that skit well.

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 27th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Did anyone watch PTI last night? Michael Wilbon went ga-ga over the comercial.

Scansy
May 28th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Don't usually watch PTI. Can't stand those guys. In fact, the whole ESPN thing is growing old on me. When I first watched it, it was all about sports highlites. But the last 10 years - the last 5 in particular - became more and more about entertainment and self promotion. I don't watch it much at all anymore.

craiglll@yahoo.com
May 28th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Kornheiser & wilbon aare probably two of the best sports writers. The Washington Post is an excellent sports section.

Scansy
May 28th, 2005, 02:39 PM
It's not Kornheiser and Wilbon specifically. It's just the whole approach of ESPN. It's kind of like MTV going away from videos and music. Just give me sports. Show repeats of lots of games. I don't want original programming from ESPN.

I am probably in the minority though.