PDA

View Full Version : Advice if you are ever in a car accident

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 01:36 PM
If you ever are in a car accident and/or sue for some type of personal injury do everyone a favor and keep maticulous records of the doctors you saw, the dates, and the costs. Handing some poor paralegal a huge file box of materials in not appreciated. Not knowing which doctors you've seen or when and yelling at the paralegeal when they ask you for specific dates is also not appreciated. You do NOT need to call your attorney everyday twice a day. They will contact you when they need to. They will contact you if a settlement offer is made. You will only get a portion (usually a 1/3 sometimes less) of a settlement.

:)

Seagurl51
May 25th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Rough day Heather? I'm sorry...can I help?

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Awh, thanks! You can hop a plane to Chicago and throtle a few clients for me. Today has already had it moments ... but that was just general complaining ... I am just annoyed with several clients currently.

But thanks! Back to fun!

Seagurl51
May 25th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Here's a favorite quote of mine that was posted at my work for awhile:

"People are like slinkys. They are only fun to push down stairs."

Somewhat irrelevant, but funny nonetheless.

Kimberlie Streed
May 25th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Let you thoughts turn to the solid black line, the water rushing alongside you, stroke stroke stroke, breath, stroke stroke breath... let yourself glide thru the water.

Now, slowly bring yourself back to the real world and know that you can return to the pool any time you need to.

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Kim, my guess is you'll back me up on this as another person in the legal field! I'd probably destress that way, but Brent is coaching again tonight ... ;)

Kimberlie Streed
May 25th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Oh I'd agree alright and I'd rather stick to the corp. side of lit. than the personal inj. even though some of my doc. productions can include 1000's of boxes. Single box of docs but having to deal with people who don't understand procedure, don't think so!

Brent coaching tonight, it would go more like this: stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, stroke, flip and don't stroke until after the flags. Totally stressful.

USE THE PANIC!

Kimberlie Streed
May 25th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Ooops, meant don't BREATH until after the flags. (Unless your dead by that time.)

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Actually wouldn't it be more like Heather, you swim IM until you passout, everyone else swim free.

We did use the panic last night... I'm not a fan of the panic!

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 02:03 PM
He's like the soup nazi only with breathing ... No breathing for you!

Tom Ellison
May 25th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Atty.ís...
Hickory Dickery Dock.....three Mice ran up the clock....the clock struck one...and the other two came out with minor injuries....

Seagurl51
May 25th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Tom that's hilarious!! Hooray for screwed up nursery rhymes. My favorite (this is really irrelvant so ignore if you so choose):

Mary had a little lamb.
You've heard this tale before.
But did you know,
She passed her plate
And had a little more?

Blue Horn
May 25th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Working for the dark side I see. Fortunately, I represent innocent corporations from greedy widows and orphans.

BTW, why worry about the client keeping those notes? Just send out a records request. The billing will conscisely tell you all of the dates and the medical records will detail all you need to know. The doctor or medical care provider has a duty to cooperate with you, if you are representing his patient and have an authorization. Also, having the client prepare notes is a good way to get yourself in a bind, and depending on the situation, have to produce said notes.

The one thing you have to realize is that most people do not understand the legal system and what lawyers do. If you explain to them exactly what goes on at the office and that you all represent numerous individuals like the client, they are much less bothersome. However, being on the Plaintiff's side doing PI work, you are just going to have to deal with some unreasonable people that are overly emotionally wrapped up in their case. The defense side is just as bad, albeit from different aspects, but just as bad nonetheless.

BTW, I have been on both sides and prefer the Plaintiff side of the bar.

Hook'em
Blue

SwiminONandON
May 25th, 2005, 02:22 PM
The problem is when a client yells at you HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO REMEMBER THE DOCTORS I SAW AND THE DATES ... hard to get records if the client cannot remember the doctors she saw...

jswim
May 25th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Kimberlie Streed
Let you thoughts turn to the solid black line, the water rushing alongside you, stroke stroke stroke, breath, stroke stroke breath... let yourself glide thru the water.

Now, slowly bring yourself back to the real world and know that you can return to the pool any time you need to.

Man.. I wasn't even really upset, and that was a nice little vacation getaway for the mind!.. Thanks! I'll use that as therapy now!

jswim
May 25th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by SwiminONandON
He's like the soup nazi only with breathing ... No breathing for you!

ROFL!

i loved that episode!