PDA

View Full Version : OFF TOPIC QUESTION / American Idol

ande
May 26th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Tuesday I was watching American Idol. Bo went first singing an original, then Carrie went next and she sang an orginal. I don't believe they said what the title of Carries song was but the most repeated phrase in the chorus was Inside Your Heaven.
In the second round Bo sang Vehicle, then Carrie sang "Independence Day"

Then in the third round, Bo sang the same song that Carrie sang in the first. It seemed better than his other original. So I figured there was a chance "Inside Your Heaven" could be a single. Then Carrie sang another original.

For some reason I wondered if
www.InsideYourHeaven.com
was registered or if it was available. So I went to godaddy.com and checked.

It was available, so I registered it and I am now the proud owner
of
www.InsideYourHeaven.com

Last night in the finale show, Carrie won,
and Ryan said that "Inside Your Heaven" was going to be her first single to be released on June 14th
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-05-25-idol-final-results_x.htm

If you drop by
www.InsideYourHeaven.com
you'll see it shows me as a contact

Do you have any suggestions for what I should do with the website?

Ande

Seagurl51
May 26th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Sell ad space, make money and share the profits with me because I gave you the idea.;)

SwiminONandON
May 26th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Sell it to American Idol and/or Carrie ... I bet you could make a good profit on selling that name..

ande
May 27th, 2005, 10:24 AM
thanks for your suggestions
I'll let you know what I do

ande

jswim
May 27th, 2005, 11:47 AM
oooh, smart move getting the domain name! Well thought out!
Hopefully they will want to buy it, though if they don't want to deal with having to buy a domain name from someone else at a higher price than a non-used one, they may just end up using a variation of that domain name for their own site..

(don't want to dampen spirits, but didn't want anyone to get hopes up that it might be a huge money getter either)

just thinking of all the possibilities.

However, I think you should definitely give it a shot and see if you can get a profit from it! again, Great idea!
J.

Alex
May 27th, 2005, 12:26 PM
I would make a little web page using the domain, with that feature that can measure how many hits does it get, and that way understand what would be the value of the domain, in case anybody is interested.

Rob Copeland
May 27th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Maybe you could turn the site into a Discussion Forum, where Masters Swimmers can discuss matters that deal specifically with swimming, since this forum no longer serves this function.

shoalsswimmer
May 27th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Ouch...

Did you guys know that Bo Bice wears a double size swim cap to stuff all of that hair into and sounds really great singing "Vehicle" off his turns with his underwater dolphin kick?

SwiminONandON
May 27th, 2005, 01:00 PM
LOL ... that's awesome! I hear Carrie is quite the backstroker.

Slimy
May 27th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Unfortunately, domain or "cyber squatting" as it has come to be known isn't the lucrative thing it once was. Nowadays it's practically a waste of time.

Curiously enough, "americanidol.com" is being squatted on by some guy named Robert Dodds in the UK and I'm willing to bet that Fox hasn't offered him a red cent having successfully publicized their www.idolonfox.com domain over the years. I do think he could sell some ads on it though. Right now it's nothing.

ande
May 27th, 2005, 03:45 PM
oh well
at this point it's just a fun story to tell

I have a friend who owns
www.spacemusic.com
and i think he has a link to
www.musicspace.com
and gets paid a small amount every month to send folks to where they were trying to go anyway

I'll let y'all know if anything comes of it.

ande

Originally posted by Slimy
Unfortunately, domain or "cyber squatting" as it has come to be known isn't the lucrative thing it once was. Nowadays it's practically a waste of time.

Curiously enough, "americanidol.com" is being squatted on by some guy named Robert Dodds in the UK and I'm willing to bet that Fox hasn't offered him a red cent having successfully publicized their www.idolonfox.com domain over the years. I do think he could sell some ads on it though. Right now it's nothing.

pmbchill
May 31st, 2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Rob Copeland
Maybe you could turn the site into a Discussion Forum, where Masters Swimmers can discuss matters that deal specifically with swimming, since this forum no longer serves this function.

Exactly. American IDLE should be discussed on some mindless People Magazine forum. Don't make us wade through the muck here. Ouch? You bet.

craiglll@yahoo.com
June 1st, 2005, 01:26 PM
I only watch the first few ep[isodes. that way I'm not disappointed when talentless people when.

ande
June 1st, 2005, 02:19 PM
this thread had a warning

OFF TOPIC QUESTION / American

you choose to click

ande

Originally posted by pmbchill
Exactly. American IDLE should be discussed on some mindless People Magazine forum. Don't make us wade through the muck here. Ouch? You bet.

SwiminONandON
June 1st, 2005, 02:26 PM
Amen Ande.

Not to mention that Ande probably talks more about swimming than anyone else, he stays on topic and he gives great advice.

poolmonkey
June 1st, 2005, 04:31 PM
Not to mention, this thread was really about what to do with the domain name that he purchased. There was some background info to fill us in on the deal, but I really didn't read too much content about all the American Idol contestants.

And my take on Ande is that whatever he does with it will have something to do with swimming.

Just a bunch of haters...

aquageek
June 1st, 2005, 04:35 PM
I'd be interested to see how it turns out although I doubt there's much moolah in it. I saw where the owner of the nissan.com website is still holding out against Nissan Motors.

In further off swimming related news, my family is one of the millions who finds Idol amusing. It's rather clean fun and you don't get much of that on TV these days.

ande
June 1st, 2005, 05:17 PM
love it
that's hilarious
i'm laughing as I sit

ande

Originally posted by poolmonkey
Not to mention, this thread was really about what to do with the domain name that he purchased. There was some background info to fill us in on the deal, but I really didn't read too much content about all the American Idol contestants.

And my take on Ande is that whatever he does with it will have something to do with swimming.

Just a bunch of haters...