PDA

View Full Version : Long Course Nationals Psych Sheets

matysekj
July 26th, 2002, 09:18 AM
The meet roster (http://www.usms.org/comp/lcnats02/roster.php) and psych sheets (http://www.usms.org/comp/lcnats02/heats/) are now available for swimmers to review. There are 1,020 swimmers entered in the meet. The championship committee has decided to invoke the sixth event rule, so all swimmers who have entered six events will have their sixth event selection dropped. Note that the sixth event selection is not indicated anywhere on the current posted psych sheets.

Swimmers are encouraged to review their information in the psych sheets and report any errors to cath.p@worldnet.att.net. Note that only corrections for errors made in entering the information will be accepted - please do not ask to have your seed time changed based on a more recent swim performance.

Swimmers may also want to check out the top times reported so far this year from meets all over the country at http://www.usms.org/comp/toptimes.shtml. Thanks to Mel Dyck's hard work to locate and translate meet results, we now have about 30 long course meets from this year in the database. More will be added as they come in between now and nationals.

matysekj
July 26th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Note that the above announcement has been edited to correct a mistake regarding the sixth event selection. Due to the number of entries in the meet and the expected long timeline, all swimmers who have entered six events will have their designated sixth event dropped from this meet.

strong440
July 26th, 2002, 10:05 PM
hey Jim,
I know it's a little late in the day, as well as late in the month, but maybe not too late in the year. (And for goodness sakes don't tell 'em it's my idear). But, how about dropping this suggestion to the Championship Committee. Seed the early heets of each event by having them all of swimmers whose entries did not equal the published qualifying times. If that would allow the 6th event to happen, so much the better. Or, better yet, to have the age groups competing against their peers.

matysekj
July 27th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by strong440
I know it's a little late in the day, as well as late in the month, but maybe not too late in the year. (And for goodness sakes don't tell 'em it's my idear). But, how about dropping this suggestion to the Championship Committee. Seed the early heets of each event by having them all of swimmers whose entries did not equal the published qualifying times. If that would allow the 6th event to happen, so much the better. Or, better yet, to have the age groups competing against their peers.

Doug,

Either it was too late for you to be posting or it's too early for me to be reading, but I didn't understand your suggestion. It looks like part of it was possibly cut out?

strong440
July 27th, 2002, 04:21 PM
...jes' try'n to find the right balance 'tween serious proposals and a light touch. There're three thoughts floating up there with 'bout forty'leben shot guns aimed at 'em, one of which I'd guess is a bran' new proposal. For size, try:

All events will be deck seeded with three criteria as follows:
Heets 1 through... slow to fast, but consisting only of swimmers whose seed times did not meet the published qualifying time for the event.

The ensuing heets seeded slow to fast, keeping age groups together as the primary consideration of at least the "fast" heat of each event.

If this would allow reconsideration of the dropped 6th event, so much the better.

matysekj
July 27th, 2002, 06:09 PM
The psych sheets have now been adjusted to remove all swimmer's sixth events.

Doug, at this point we don't have any choice for this meet but to plug ahead under the current rules. If there are comments or ideas for future meets, please open a new thread in the nationals forum.