PDA

View Full Version : NSR: Back to the Island

SwiminONandON
June 6th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Ok ... let's face it this board has been dullsville lately. So I'm back and ready to spice things up! :) Notice the lovely NSR label in the thread as well as the ! warning sign ... ok, I love if you were deserted on a deserted island questions so here goes ... we've named our people and our five items ... (first recap those) then if you could only bring ONE cd (no mix cds!) to listen to while stuck on this island for eternity which cd would you select? One movie? And bring it down to just ONE person ...

Feel free to ad questions as you so feel ...

hooked-on-swimming
June 6th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by SwiminONandON
Ok ... let's face it this board has been dullsville lately. So I'm back and ready to spice things up! :) ...

Well, while it is boring to some people to talk about swimming, I find it the BEST SPICE in my "meal"...Honestly I find the statement of the forum being dull very improper...

SwiminONandON
June 6th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by hooked-on-swimming
Well, while it is boring to some people to talk about swimming, I find it the BEST SPICE in my "meal"...Honestly I find the statement of the forum being dull very improper...

Ok :rolleyes:

I can talk about swimming forever but even that hasn't really been happening lately ...

You see NSR, you know it's not going to involve swimming DON'T READ or GET OVER IT!

aztimm
June 6th, 2005, 04:27 PM
If you look at the last post in the thread, "Suggestion-Moderator" I think Hugh summed this topic up extremely well.

I think it would be better to find another place for the non-swimming related stuff. There are tons of places online with free forums, MSN and Yahoo come to mind immediately.

You can then check with the folks here and get a link added in here somewhere so people can find it. They'd probably want to put in the usual disclaimer how you'd be leaving the USMS site, and the contact name of the new place for questions.

hooked-on-swimming
June 6th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Ok :rolleyes:

I can talk about swimming forever but even that hasn't really been happening lately ...

You see NSR, you know it's not going to involve swimming DON'T READ or GET OVER IT!

First, I did not complain about the thread being here, I just do not like this forum to be called dull when it is not, at least for me and I am sure a lot moreother people, second if there is not enough swimming material here, maybe you should contribute some...

aquageek
June 6th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I have an expectation this forum will be mostly swimming related. Adding NSR does not qualify for those of us interested in coming to this site for swimming topics. While this topic is interesting to a degree it probably belongs on another forum.

Swimmer Bill
June 6th, 2005, 05:34 PM
if you could only bring ONE cd (no mix cds!) to listen to while stuck on this island for eternity which cd would you select?

Bitches Brew by Miles Davis

Hugh
June 7th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Please remember this is swimming forum. Labeling it NSR does not make it appropriate.