PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Speedo USMS Coach of the Year Nominations

Frank Thompson
June 10th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Nominations are being taken for the 2005 Speedo USMS Coach of the Year. Go to the USMS Coaching section of this website and you will see the Award Information sheet and the Nomination Cover sheet explaining the requirements and timetables.

Dave Chambers
March 17th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Hi.

I was wondering what your criteria is.

Are the majority of your coaches volunteer or professional coaches for Masters swimmers?

It would be great to get any info or even what other peoples thoughts are on the awards for coaches.

Frank Thompson
March 17th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Hi Dave:

The criteria for the USMS Coach of the Year is on this web site in the Coaching section in the link Coach of the Year. There you will see the criteria and selection process in the award information section. Everyone follows the Nomination Cover Sheet outline, that details the areas of excellence that the USMS Coaches Selection Committee looks for and evaluates. The selection committee is made up of past winners of the award and may or may not be on the USMS Coaches Committee.

USMS encourages everyone from teams and clubs to nominate coaches that you believe have given outstanding service and have received outstanding accomplishments in the areas of excellence. Speedo has been a proud sponsor of this awards for many years and the candidate that is selected will receive the award at the USAS Banquet along with other winners of aquatic awards from other USAS disciplines.

USMS has had 21 winners of this award and the people that have received the award have been a mix of volunteer, part time and still have another profession, and professional full time and do not have another profession. As to compensation at all 3 levels, it depends on how the club is set up and how much time the coach puts in.

Dave Chambers
March 18th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Hi Frank.

Thanks for the info. Do you get many nominations and do coaches see it as a big thing? The reason I ask is that in Oz the award is really struggling and I am trying to pin point areas on why that is.

Cheers

Dave