PDA

View Full Version : Ainít Gonna Stop

ande
June 24th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Hey guys,

when you're in the middle of a hard set in practice or a tough swim in competition just keep reminding yourself
"I ain't gonna stop" no matter how bad it burns.

and the rock demo of my latest song "Ain't Gonna Stop" just came in

please have a listen and let me know what you think of it.

rock on,

Ande

to hear it drop by:
Ainít Gonna Stop
http://www.songramp.com/view.ez?sampleid=32584
and click on the speaker beneath "Aint Gonna Stop + Mez"
in the top middle of the page

or drop by
Ande's song page
http://songramp.com/ande
and click on "play" beside "Aint Gonna Stop + Mez" or
"Play all" near the top of the screen

A note to AOL users
for some reason the sound file might not work for AOL users
you can get it to work if you open an internet window outside of AOL then go to the site and click on play or if you're on AOL and click "Play all"

newmastersswimmer
June 24th, 2005, 12:31 PM
I like it Ande....Pumpin out a lot of new songs lately aren't we?....I think it can help motivate me though....but then again, I already have plenty of other motivations now...LOL!!

Newmastersswimmer

SwiminONandON
June 24th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Let's former UT swimmer, smart guy, and musically inclined ... that's a tall order Jim ... ;)

craiglll@yahoo.com
June 24th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Doesn't music interfer with your concentration. I can't stand to hear music when I'm swimming. It interurpts with the natural rythm I hear fromthe water and air. Yesterday, I was pulling breast. I heard "We want chocclate, too,yeah" as a mixture of allof the sounds. i must admit that I have no hearing in my right ear and I'm not psychotic.

ande
June 24th, 2005, 01:46 PM
hi jim,

thanks for having a listen and writing your comment.

we actually wrote this one between Oct and Nov of 2004
then my cowriter gave me a cassette of his rough recording,
then in May 2004, a friend of mine made an MP3 from the cassette. then I made arrangements to get Mez to make the demo and Mez made it.

Lately I haven't been finishing as many songs
but I have tons of ideas I'd like to write and I still find a few new ones. here's a few of my latest:

1) at a recent press conference Texas' governor rick perry (who sometimes swims where I do) thought the interview was over and the mike was off when he said, "Adios MOFO"
(i kid you not, go to google news and you'll find several articles)
he later apologized for it, but still I started a song about it and placed the idea with one of my cowriters,

2) i'm considering writing a song about
trimethylxanthine
(does any one know what trimethylxanthine is?)

3) I wrote another lyric called "No Mystery Left" which encourages women to remain mysterious, and

4) I've considered writing another one about

a bottle of jack
a cigarrette pack
a lighter and ten dimes.

which are some of the items that are buried with frank sinatra.

so if YOU ever stumble upon what you think might be a great song idea, if I like it I make take a stab at writing a first draft and begin the song creation process.

Ande

Originally posted by newmastersswimmer
I like it Ande....Pumpin out a lot of new songs lately aren't we?....I think it can help motivate me though....but then again, I already have plenty of other motivations now...LOL!!
Newmastersswimmer

ande
June 24th, 2005, 01:47 PM
thank you keather,

uh you left off some what tall
now keather, how much do i need to pay you for writing these nice things?

ande

Originally posted by SwiminONandON
Let's former UT swimmer, smart guy, and musically inclined ... that's a tall order Jim ... ;)

ande
June 24th, 2005, 01:50 PM
if it's music I like, i don't mind

I usually can't hear the music until I stop on the wall sometimes there's a radio playing, especially at meets they pipe it through the speakers,

There's plenty of examples of music playing at athletic events.

Ande

Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com
Doesn't music interfer with your concentration. I can't stand to hear music when I'm swimming. It interurpts with the natural rythm I hear fromthe water and air. Yesterday, I was pulling breast. I heard "We want chocclate, too,yeah" as a mixture of allof the sounds. i must admit that I have no hearing in my right ear and I'm not psychotic.

newmastersswimmer
June 24th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Let's former UT swimmer, smart guy, and musically inclined ... that's a tall order Jim ...
posted by Keather

Well, Everything is "relative" according to Einstein....So the "middle" adjective can be interpreted in many ways I suppose....afterall....he is an ex UT swimmer now.....LOL!! (j/k of course!!).....Do you like musically inclined guys Keather?....Does playing guitar meet the criteria of "musically inclined" as well?

posted by Ande

No but I know what Dimethyltriptamine is (also called DMT).....I heard about it once from a friend actually...cough cough.....anyway, I can definitely see a song written about DMT though....it would be a very "psychedelic" song to say the least!!...(from what I was told I mean).

Newmastersswimmer

SwiminONandON
June 24th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Musically inclined can be hot ... guys that can play the guitar and sing is way hot ... I can't sing a darn note so I'm easily impressed ... I don't go for the starving artist type, I like my athletic boys ...

ande
June 24th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Jim,

actually I don't sing, play the guitar or piano,

what I do is
+ find great song ideas,
+ start or complete the lyrics,
+ invite talented people to collaborate on particular songs with me,
+ get decent demos made, then
+ work to place the songs with artists.

The compound for trimethylxanthine is C8H10N4O2.

aka

Caffeine

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/caffeine/caffeine_chemistry.shtml

Ande

Let's former UT swimmer, smart guy, and musically inclined ... that's a tall order Jim ...
posted by Keather

Well, Everything is "relative" according to Einstein....So the "middle" adjective can be interpreted in many ways I suppose....afterall....he is an ex UT swimmer now.....LOL!! (j/k of course!!).....Do you like musically inclined guys Keather?....Does playing guitar meet the criteria of "musically inclined" as well?

posted by Ande

No but I know what Dimethyltriptamine is (also called DMT).....I heard about it once from a friend actually...cough cough.....anyway, I can definitely see a song written about DMT though....it would be a very "psychedelic" song to say the least!!...(from what I was told I mean).

Newmastersswimmer

Seagurl51
June 24th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Hey...what the heck is my name doing up there?!? Didn't you mean Keather?

Ande--I really want to listen to your songs but everytime I get to the site and click on the play button it never works. Any ideas?

newmastersswimmer
June 24th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Hey...what the heck is my name doing up there?!? Didn't you mean Keather? posted by kyra

Kyra, Keather.....what's the significant difference anyhow??.........just another couple of bar dancing swimmer girls who both suffer from the same "UT/whatever other big name School" delusional disease.....I know your type......you girls are all the same to me...(j/k of course!)

Newmastersswimmer

SwiminONandON
June 24th, 2005, 03:05 PM
I've heard that at UT you have to pass a hottness test before they let you on the team ... if you aren't hot enough you can be a math major there though ;)

newmastersswimmer
June 24th, 2005, 03:12 PM
I've heard that at UT you have to pass a hottness test before they let you on the team ... if you aren't hot enough you can be a math major there though posted by Keather...or Kyra...whats the difference anyway

Well luckily I went to grad school at the real UT b/c it looks like they would have rejected me at the other UT for being waaaay too hot!

Newmastersswimmer

Swimmy
June 24th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I think I heard that too, Keather. Sorry Jim!
Swimmy :)

SwiminONandON
June 24th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I didn't know you went to Texas ... that makes you infinitely cooler ;) I'm sure Tenessee (can you believe some people think of that as UT!) wouldn't reject you I hear their standards are really low ;)

Seagurl51
June 24th, 2005, 03:22 PM

Kyra, Keather.....what's the significant difference anyhow??.........just another couple of bar dancing swimmer girls who both suffer from the same "UT/whatever other big name School" delusional disease.....I know your type......you girls are all the same to me...(j/k of course!)

Newmastersswimmer

I resent that. ;)

aztimm
June 24th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I wish I had seen this before the set I did this morning, it sure would have helped.

We had 2 coaches (Simon Percy and Chris Aikman) on deck this morning, and when they do they usually give us 3 choices. I thought it odd that Simon called distance "Ultra Distance," yet I still moved over to do it...

Main set was 4x800:
1st: neg split
2nd: broken @ 200 for :10
3rd: broken @100 for :05
a brief easy...did 100
4th: straight 800 for time

I was pretty wiped out by the time I finished!!!

Strange the things you think about in the middle of a long set...the one for time I kept breaking down fractionally how much I had finished....maybe I should have been a math major :)

newmastersswimmer
June 24th, 2005, 03:27 PM
I resent that. posted by Kyra

Oh yaeh....where did you resend it too?....Har Har...seriously though...resentment can really interrupt the cosmic flow of good energy that passes through us.....you should really try and tap into some positive energy flow and let go of all that resentment and other emotional baggage man!...It's like majorly unhealthy and stuff.

Newmastersswimmer

SwiminONandON
June 24th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Hey...what the heck is my name doing up there?!? Didn't you mean Keather? posted by kyra

Newmastersswimmer

Kyra resents it ... I embrace it ... I realize that UT (and other big schools) are superior and the men that attend them are superior as well ...
;)

Seagurl51
June 24th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by SwiminONandON
Kyra resents it ... I embrace it ... I realize that UT (and other big schools) are superior and the men that attend them are superior as well ...
;)

Yea what she said.

Cause I'm 19...and I can do that.

newmastersswimmer
June 24th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Kyra resents it ... I embrace it ... I realize that UT (and other big schools) are superior and the men that attend them are superior as well ... posted by Keather

Of course you do honey......I did refer to the illness as a "delusional" disease now didn't I?....It's not your fault though.....not anymore your fault than say blaming someone like Liz Taylor for believing that Micheal jackson is just an innocent victim.....I won't hold it against you now.....I'll still let you tell people were friends and all.

newmastersswimmer

SwiminONandON
June 24th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Jim, darhlin' just b/c you aren't on the UT swimmer level doesn't mean we can't love you too ... everyone likes the underdog ... and the Geek in the movie is always someone's favorite ... ;)

Seagurl51
June 24th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Yea like the Donger in 16 candles...he had a sexy girlfriend. And the main geek got the panties.

SwiminONandON
June 24th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I LOVE 16 Candles ... fantastic movie ...

newmastersswimmer
June 24th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Jim, darhlin' just b/c you aren't on the UT swimmer level doesn't mean we can't love you too ... everyone likes the underdog ... and the Geek in the movie is always someone's favorite ... posted by Keather

First of all.....What do you mean "not on the UT swimmer level"?......Now I can't be held accountable for the times I've posted thus far......I had to lose 90 pounds last year......I get a clean slate I tell you!!.....I will make them all pay I will!!....Yes my precious they will all pay for their blasphemous lies!!....sorry I got a little carried away for a moment.....

And about the Geek thing:.....I'm glad "someone" always pulls for the geek every once in a while....It's nice to know that sympathy and pity have a way of reaching the hearts of a few good souls out there!

newmastersswimmer

p.s. Sorry Ande...Have we hijacked your thread about music?.....It's time to go back to focusing on Songs and stuff....If we stray from the topic of swimming related stuff too long we may get poor Ande's little thread closed!!

SwiminONandON
June 24th, 2005, 04:03 PM
haha ... lol ...

SwiminONandON
June 24th, 2005, 04:08 PM
May I redirect you all to the other board ...

Ande, I'll listen to the song later ... I promise, I'm sure it fantastic!

ande
June 25th, 2005, 04:07 PM
that's a tough set
sometimes it's tough to keep count on long sets
i tend to count by 100's or 200's

did they give you the whole set at once or one at a time
where you didn't know what was next

ande

Originally posted by aztimm
I wish I had seen this before the set I did this morning, it sure would have helped.

We had 2 coaches (Simon Percy and Chris Aikman) on deck this morning, and when they do they usually give us 3 choices. I thought it odd that Simon called distance "Ultra Distance," yet I still moved over to do it...

Main set was 4x800:
1st: neg split
2nd: broken @ 200 for :10
3rd: broken @100 for :05
a brief easy...did 100
4th: straight 800 for time

I was pretty wiped out by the time I finished!!!

Strange the things you think about in the middle of a long set...the one for time I kept breaking down fractionally how much I had finished....maybe I should have been a math major :)

aztimm
June 25th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Ande-- RE: Friday's set

The coach gave it to us all at once, since the distance had moved to the other pool, making more room for the others where we all were...started out with 5-6 people per lane.

Yes, it was tough to keep track. There was just 1 other guy in the lane with me, we split it, and ended up going within a few seconds for each 800. I also was able to keep an eye on the lane next to ours (faster) and figure how much faster they were to know where we were.

I think there's good and bad to knowing what's next....some coaches use a board, other's don't. For this set it helped hold me back a bit so I could go all out for the last 800, for time.

Tim