PDA

View Full Version : Indy Firecracker Meet Cancelled

MPohlmann
June 27th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I just received word from Mel Goldstein that the Indy Firecracker meet July 2nd has been cancelled due to lack of interest.

I'm really disappointed, but I hope that you will all come to the July 17th meet in Carbondale. The meet information is posted at Shea Classic Meet Information (http://www.cmsaswimming.org/MeetMarket)

Mary

mattson
June 28th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I'm disappointed too. At the very least, for using Priceline for a hotel room (no refunds!). The meet was a lot of fun two years ago, despite the terrible weather on the drive to Indy.

craiglll@yahoo.com
June 28th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Mattson,

how did you get a room. I even went to a local franchise to see if they coudl get a room for me. they couldn't so I didn't sign up.

Mary,

how is registratin for your evnet going?

mattson
June 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Two things: (1) I did PriceLine very early, (2) I extended the search to NW Indy. It meant a bit of a drive (30 minutes??) on Saturday morning, but I figured having the hotel room meant not having to drive 3.5 hours at a shot.

dorothyrde
July 6th, 2005, 07:22 AM
I have found that any of the hotels on the outskirts are much cheaper, more available, and early on Saturday, the drive is at most 15 minutes. In fact, I have been staying on the East side, and the drive is only 10 minutes. There are quite a few of the regular chains on the East side, and the area is not bad.