PDA

View Full Version : new pool punta gorda, fl

cheletwin2
June 28th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Looking to start a new masters program at the new pool (just opened this month) in Punta Gorda, FL. The pool is supposed to start lap swims at 6 AM and 6 PM for adults in July, due to shortage in life guards these are the only times available. I am hoping for a decent turnout as soon as it opens as the pool coordinator said that they have had several complaints that the pool is not open before or after work. Please let me know if you are interested in help start and coach a USMS team in Punta Gorda, this is the first public pool in Punta Gorda, the next nearest pool is about 50 miles away. E-mail me at cheletwin2@myway.com.

A.K.
September 6th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I grew up in Punta Gorda and visit my parents atleast 1-2 time sa year there. Is the pool open and where is it located?
I remember the last pool I used to swim at was between the old Salllie Jones school and the middle school-is that one still there?

A.K.

cheletwin2
September 7th, 2005, 09:33 AM
You can't miss it, they just built a big new park on Cooper St. If you head towards Sallie Jones, you'll see it. The pool is open, they have lap swimming from 5:30-7:30 AM & PM. They also have a baseball park and a huge playground for the kids. They have open pool hours from 8AM-3:30 PM. The pool is closed from 3:30-5:30 for after school programs for the kids.

At least those are the hours last I checked. It is almost across the Street from the Carmalita Park, near the railroad tracks. As I said, its very big and if you know Punta Gorda, you can't drive past it without thinking "I don't ever remember that being there!"

A.K.
September 7th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Thanks, I'll check it out when I visit.