PDA

View Full Version : 400M Free Relay

scyfreestyler
July 5th, 2005, 02:19 PM
So a few friends and I are contemplating swimming a 400 Free Relay at a USMS meet. This will most likely occur towards the end of the year because one of our participants is just now learning to swim (the correct way that is, he knows how to "swim"). I have not even looked to see what meets are in our area but I am wondering if the swimmers need to be entered into individual events before being permitted to race in a relay. Anybody have any knowledge about these things?

dorothyrde
July 5th, 2005, 03:15 PM
It probably depends on the meet. Some meets require it, others do not. You need to read the information, and if it is not clear, ask.

jim clemmons
July 5th, 2005, 03:20 PM
His first swim can certainly be a relay.

It may even be his only swim although we all hope not.

No individual swim required first.

Jim

Btw, some meets such as Nationals requires "relay only swimmers" to also be registered for the meet even if they are not swimmong an individual event. Pacific Masters meets do not have that particular requirement (at this time). Some other LMSC's may have the requirement so check throughly.

aquageek
July 5th, 2005, 04:43 PM
You might be hard pressed to find a 400 free relay in the winter. Seems I can only come by those in LCM season.