PDA

View Full Version : SWIMMER seeks reader recipes

Bill Volckening
July 5th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Greetings,

SWIMMER magazine is currently seeking your favorite recipes for the Food and Nutrition department in future issues of the magazine. Please send your favorite recipes to:

editor@usms.org

Cheers!
Bill Volckening
National Publication Editor
SWIMMER

nkace
July 6th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Are the looking for like entrees or just about anything?

Bill Volckening
July 6th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Hi nkace,

We want to know what Masters swimmers like to eat -- so we're looking for just about anything. It can be breakfast, lunch, dinner, side-dish, soup, salad, dessert, ethnic, healthy, low-calorie, low-carb, or even a decadent treat.

The upcoming July/August issue features a wonderfully decadent English Toffee recipe from Mike Heather of Southern Pacific LMSC.

Masters swimmers are often great cooks, so we look forward to seeing swimmers' favorite recipes and featuring them in future issues of SWIMMER.

Cheers!
Bill

Rob Copeland
July 6th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Bill,

I have a wonderful recipe for haggis. It would definitely qualify as ethnic; Iím not sure about low-calorie or low-carb. Would it qualify for decadent treat?

Iíve always enjoyed the recipes you shared with us in the past. I look forward to more great ones in the future. Kudos to the person who thought up this as a feature in SWIMMER.

Tom Ellison
July 6th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Mr. Moose told me to tell everyone here that he doesn't even want to see a Moose meat recipe.....;)

jim clemmons
July 6th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Mr. Moose told me to tell everyone here that he doesn't even want to see a Moose meat recipe.....

Probably's not real fond of venison either I would imagine.

Jim

Tom Ellison
July 6th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Yea, those guys are his cousins....he asked that everyone send in all their chicken recipes....

Kae1
July 7th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I LIKE haggis (done correctly, mind you, with a good wee dram of whiskey to start with).

I do a lot of cooking from medieval recipes. Maybe I'll submit some of those.

And the blueberry cobbler I brought the July 4 party was described as "crack" it was so addictive.

I have a friend who lived in Alaska who often got moose meat. I asked what it tasted like. He said "kind of like bear."

Kae

Bill Volckening
July 8th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Hi Rob,

Bring it on!! I'm eager to see what you put in your haggis. It's one of those dishes that can have some very interesting ingredients!

I'm glad you're enjoying the recipes. I always thought it would be fun to include recipes in the magazine, and I'm very glad we're trying it out and receiving such great response.

Cheers!
Bill

PS: Kae, I definitely want your blueberry cobbler crack recipe! My parents live in Maine, and August is blueberry pickin' season. Here in Oregon, I'd use the huckleberries -- just about the same as Maine blueberries. Would love to see the other recipes, too

Originally posted by Rob Copeland
Bill,

I have a wonderful recipe for haggis. It would definitely qualify as ethnic; Iím not sure about low-calorie or low-carb. Would it qualify for decadent treat?

Iíve always enjoyed the recipes you shared with us in the past. I look forward to more great ones in the future. Kudos to the person who thought up this as a feature in SWIMMER.