PDA

View Full Version : 5 & 10 K Postal Championships

MPohlmann
July 8th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Calling all Illinois Masters:

Marcia Cleveland has issued an invitation to all Illinois Masters to complete the 5 or 10 K Postal swim by the September 15th deadline. Entries must be submitted by October 1st.

The entry form is available online: USMS 5 & 10 K Postal (http://www.usms.org/longdist/ldnats05/5k10kentry.pdf)

That's 100 lengths of a 50 meter pool for the 5 K and 200 lengths for the 10 K. It can be swum at any time before the September 15th deadline in any 50 meter pool.

John Martin and Marcia Cleveland did the 5K and 10K on June 16 and 29th respectively. Skip Montanaro has done the 5K and plans to do the 10K in August.

Skip is 51, John is 49, and Marcia is 41.

There is also relay competition for Men, Women and Mixed (4 persons using Long Course Age Groups) with the times added together, so if you plan to enter as an individual and would like to be added into a relay, please let Marcia Cleveland (MarciaC944@aol.com ) know and send her your times. The relay entry fee is $15 per relay. The individual entry fee is $10. All relays members MUST enter the individual event.

Good Luck to all for completing this most challenging of all postals.

Mary

craiglll@yahoo.com
July 9th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Mary,

I have no 50 meter pool accessible ot me. This is the only postal that I think Ihaven't done at least one tiem. I think that the closest 50 meter pool to me is in Iowa City. That's 75 miles away. I wonder if this postal has as many participants as other postals?