PDA

View Full Version : LCM Nationals in Mission Viejo

Conniekat8
July 9th, 2005, 03:00 AM

Reminder!
Tomorrow is the last day to register for the nationals!

Contrary to the hype, the event is not going to be over-packed.

We expect a comfortable smooth ride and clear skies!

Conniekat8
July 10th, 2005, 01:29 AM
This just in....

The deadline for the online entries have been extended through july 13th!

http://www.usms.org/comp/lcnats05/onlineentry.php

mbmg3282
July 10th, 2005, 01:38 AM
The meet deadline for the Long Course National Championships at Mission Viejo has been extended until midnight on July 13th. The championship committee voted to move the deadline in order to help this meet be successful.

If you have friends on the fence about going, be sure to let them know. We don't want anyone to miss out on this great meet.

Mark Gill
USMS Championship Committee

knelson
July 14th, 2005, 12:05 PM
So where's the psych sheet already? Only kidding, but I am curious about the final entry count.

Ian
July 14th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Out of curiosity, how many more swimmers entered during the extention of the deadline?

mbmg3282
July 14th, 2005, 03:29 PM
There are around 1100 swimmers and 140 entered during the extension period - roughly 13%.

As soon as all the entries are verified (membership checked, etc.) we will begin running analysis to determine which seeding options we will use (men and women together or separate in distance races) and make a determination about the 6th event. Once this is finalized, we will post the pysch sheets. Several of the individuals involved in these decisions are out of town, but we will post the information as quickly as possible.

knelson
July 14th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks Mark.

Personally I hope the 1500 is seeded with men and women separate. I have a flight to catch so I probably won't be able to swim if everyone's seeded together :(

Actually with the amount of training time I've gotten in the last couple weeks it might not be a bad thing for me to miss that event!