PDA

View Full Version : (NSR) I had to share this

Peter Cruise
July 16th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Some of you may remember that I sell books for a living; well, as you may imagine, I've been quite busy with Harry Potter- midnight opening, asleep at 2:15am, rising at 5:30am to open the store at 7:00am. About 7:15 a young fellow, early 20's, came in just off night shift at corner gas station. He asked for his Harry Potter & when I handed it to him he told me that a few years ago he was basically illiterate & learned to read properly because of the series & now was reading everything he could get his hands on.
Some days reward you more than others; I am still choked up.

hmlee
July 16th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Sometimes I think Harry Potter books are like water aerobics classes. Perhaps they arn't the most strenuous thing out there, but if it gets people to read / exercise, then more power to them!

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to return to my copy....on page 164.

laineybug
July 16th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Just got back from the grocery store and they had a HUGE PILE of them. I thought they were suppose to go like hot cakes. Almost bought one for ummmm, my grandchildren????

Isn't it wonderful when someone discovers the joy of reading? Next thing you know, he will be asking you for a job!

Lainey

Peter Cruise
July 16th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Lainey, I'd like to hire all the young people who show that spark that you desperately want to fan. When you come right down to it, the human factors outweigh all others- which for me, makes it tough to be a "modern" business person.