PDA

View Full Version : All Americas LAT & CAR 2005 meet

biegs
July 20th, 2005, 03:36 PM
I have not seen any discussion about the upcoming meet in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Is anyone planning on going in Oct?

swimshark
July 22nd, 2005, 10:17 AM
I was hoping to since my parents were taking my whole family to Brazil this Oct but then I had a baby so the trip has been postponed.

My dad grew up in Rio.

Alex
July 22nd, 2005, 10:39 AM
I am not going this year, but in previews events of this Championship I have not ever seen an US representation, as it is meant for Latin American & Caribean Countries, not to be against US participation, as 3-4 years ago the event took place in Fort Lauderdale, Fl., but I guess there are many other events that US swimmers prefer. Although now a couple of cities in the US can be considered as Latin cities.

The best swimming countries in Latin America are Venezuela, Brazil and Cuba.

mbmg3282
July 22nd, 2005, 03:52 PM
This is the first year the that the United States and Canada have been invited to participate in the LatyCar Meet. In the past it was only offered to the Latin and Caribbean countries. Now, all countries in the Americas are invited to take part.

Rob Copeland
September 23rd, 2005, 08:10 PM
Please be advised USMS has been notified by Orban Mendoza (President of A.S.U.A. /U.A.N.A.) that members who participate in the ALL AMERICAS – LatyCar Championships could be subject to suspension for a minimum period of one year according to FINA Rule GR.4.5. FINA GR4 deals with unauthorized relations, the text can be found at www.fina.org/rules/GR/rules_gr1.htm#4 .

At this time we do not know definitively what actions, if any, will be taken by FINA, ASUA or LATyCAR. Dale Neuburger (USAS President and FINA Bureau Vice President), Rob Copeland (USMS President) and other USMS leaders continue to lobby for our members to participate in this event without adverse impact to their eligibility. However, it is our responsibility to inform our members of possible consequences. If you know of any of Masters athletes who are registered for this event, please pass this information on to them. Also, inform your athletes that after conversations with the meet organizer the event will proceed as planned.

We will continue to work towards finding a compromise solution that is in the best interests of USMS and our members. I will communicate any further developments via follow-up postings.

Rob Copeland
President – United States Masters Swimming

Rob Copeland
October 11th, 2005, 08:26 PM
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And here is a translation of a letter from Orban Mendoza , translated by Myriam Pero.

De : Orban Mendoza

TO : Federations affiliated to ASUA

Dear Members of the ASUA affiliated Federations. :

Mr. Coaracy Nunes Filho, President of the Brazilian Aquatic Sports Conferation, has requested that we inform all the Federations affiliated to ASUA the following:

The Company “Latycar” does not have any administrative, organizational or finance responsibility on the Master Competition to be held in Sao Paulo – Brazil in October 2005.

The event will be now namely “All America 2005 – Sao Paulo – Brasil”

“We herewith confirm that this Confederation officially recognizes this Competition promoted by the São Paulo Swimming Master Association, and therefore the Sao Paulo Swimming Federation will support the Event.”

For the reasons above, the Executive Committee of ASUA and its affiliated Federations recognizes the Masters event to be held in Sao Paulo, Brazil during the month of October 2005.

We inform you of the above for the corresponding action.

Regards,

Eng. Orban Mendoza

President, ASUA

David E. Morrill
October 18th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Hello everyone...!

Yes!! The ALL AMERICAS (LatyCar -and YES- legally sanctioned AGAIN over and above 2003 already sanctioned) was a grand success (we had a couple murphy laws at awards dinner) but in all aquatic Master sports swimming, postals, OW, POLO, synchro, diving, swim clinic, medical clinic... FIRST TIME in all the Americas: YES we Masters can do it alone... !!

Championship Director, Dra. Aroma Martorell deserves a round of applause as she prevailed over and above dirty politics and actually pulled off a fabulously well organized meet!

Stay "tuned" as soon we will publish an important message to all Masters in relation to lessons learned in our "ordeal" with the "higher ups"

I invite you all to check out the site: www.latycar.org

David E. Morrill
November 17th, 2005, 08:50 AM
After LatyCar's unquestionable success not only swimming but POLO turned out FANTASTIC... FINA decided to unilaterally blackball all and every athlete in the world who participates ... NOW is that promoting friendship, fitness and competition thru "FAIR PLAY"...?!?!

There's another forum of interest "WORLD AQUATICS MASTERS ORGANIZATION" WAMO... check it out or maybe even go to its website, place your comments, totally open.

Regards
http://www.wamo.info